Halo 2 possibilities

Halo 2 to play like Splinter cell? Bungie already confirmed that the master chief will be able to hug walls and peek around corners. Now after reading the newest book. Here's some of the other hints they've tossed in that seem to go along with the gameplay of halo 2.

-Srinting and Dodging. Sprinting has been confirmed by bungie, and the book also mentions the two together quite a bit.

-Silencers for SMGs. Starting to sound a bit like Metal Gear.

-Visor Magnification. Halo 2 will stick to the trend of the first game only allowing you to carry 2 weapons at a time. Visor Magnification will allow you to carry
two weapons without scopes and still have a zoom.

-Field Med Packs.

-New Weapons.
-Anaconda surface to air missles.
-Battle rifle (assault rifle with scope)
-Magnum pistol (30% larger than the last pistol. No scope)
-Fury Tac Nukes (oversized gernades. Used to take out covenant ships and other mission objectives.
-Lotus anti-tank Mines
-c-7 explosives with detonators and timers.

*spoiler*

at the end of the book only 4 spartans remain and all should be playable in halo 2, 4 player campaign.

Hopefully there is the possibility it wont suck this time.

Will be nothing compared to Doom3.

Is it just me or is Master Chief the stupidest name of all time?

"-Magnum pistol (30% larger than the last pistol. No scope)"

Huh? The pistol with the scope was the best weapon for multiplayer in the first one.

yougottawanna: right, in fact it was too good. 3 shot kills was a little to powerful. They are trying to balance out the weapons a little bit more. The battle rifle will be the closest thing to the pistol. Not as powerful, a little faster firing rate, and a 2x zoom.

"Will be nothing compared to Doom3."

Well, its coming out on xbox as well. Lets compare the two when both are released.

"Will be nothing compared to Doom3."

"Well, its coming out on xbox as well. Lets compare the two when both are released."

No comparison. Doom 3 eats Halo 2 for lunch. Dooms real competition is HL2.

Obviously the X-Box version of Doom will be inferior to the PC one.

Let's compare Doom on the PC to Halo 2 on the X-Box. Halo 2 doesn't stand a chance.

www.doom3.com/getdesktop.asp?num=3&size=lg

Imagine turning around and seeing that fucker right in your face?? Coolest screenshot ever.

Doom 3 and Half Life 2 are clearly a step above the rest (I still think Doom will be cooler), and with fairly different goals/focuses which is what makes me so excited for both of them.

As i said, ID will be making their game for the xbox as well. Then we can make compare.

lol we are not gonna compare the shitty Xbox version.

The XBox version is clearly not their primary target, even though I'm still sure it'll be better than Halo 2.

Why not compare Doom on it's primary platform to Halo on it's primary platform?

To be honest I still think Doom on its primary platform (PC) is better than Halo on its primary platfrom (PC) even if it is 10 years old.

"www.doom3.com/getdesktop.asp?num=3&size=lg"

yeah, i've had that set as my screensaver for a few days

"lol we are not gonna compare the shitty Xbox version."

yeah, we sure wouldn't want to have equal playing grounds.

Everyone knows how good Doom 3 is going to be but guess what? When it comes down to making a game on xbox hardware. ID will not top Bungie.

"To be honest I still think Doom on its primary platform (PC) is better than Halo on its primary platfrom (PC) even if it is 10 years old."

"Why not compare Doom on it's primary platform to Halo on it's primary platform?"

Because you guys were the one's coming in guns a blazing for no reason other than to bash the game to bits. I know Doom 3 is going to be a kickass game but, if you dont think halo 2 will be good. You have problems.

Based on the original, I don't think Halo 2 will be good.

If you think Halo is good, you either have problems or you haven't played many FPS.

Jesus Christ, fuckin PC nazi's.

I really didn't like the first one at all.. It didn't have anything that I didn't think other games had already done better.

It'll still be really popular of course, but I wouldn't compare it to Doom at all.

"When it comes down to making a game on xbox hardware. ID will not top Bungie."

ID and Carmack have always topped EVERYONE when it comes to technology, making games looks the best, and pushing hardware the farthest... Why would this time be different?

"If you think Halo is good, you either have problems or you haven't played many FPS. "

I've played quite a bit, including the doom 3 alpha.

"making games looks the best, and pushing hardware the farthest... "

What? Was this arguement just about graphics?

Well, you said that:

"When it comes down to making a game on xbox hardware. ID will not top Bungie."

And the primary test of the hardware with a first person shooter is it's graphics...

I'm not one of those "graphics is everything" guys, but when it comes to a fps game, graphics help more than they do in other genres.

What is also funny is people now see Bungie as this great game making company. lol. Weren't these the guys that gave us Marathon, the shittest doom clone ever to be shitted out?

The ironic thing is that marathon was popular for the exact same reason Halo is. It was a pile of shit, but it was the only FPS available for the machine (the mac) so everyone bought it and assumed it was the best thing ever.

Tsuneo is correct