Hamilton BJJ/MMA

Joslins

They are not with Nova Uniao ( they are afiliated with Alliance/master ) but they are the best in Hamilton.

SpiritualShogun,

When I first started training, I went around and price shopped and tried a few classes at many places in Steel City. (No names, of course, so as to protect the guilty). I will tell you this, straight up:

For the cost, exceptional facilities, huge number of classes taught per week, and high quality of training, there is no one in Hamilton, Dundas, Stoney Creek, Ancaster, or Burlington who even come close to Joslin's. At the very least, you should come and try one of their free classes, and then decide.

I was in the same boat you are in about a year ago, so hopefully my advice helps. Cheers!

When's the best time to come in? and who should I speak too? Does Rick.J have anything to do with the BJJ/MMA training or just Jeff? Thanks. Dion

JOSLIN's

You'll find out all the answers by just coming down and trying a class!

Good luck, hope you enjoy!!!

Does anyone else at Joslins besides Jeff fight in MMA.

Yes there is more than 1 fighter at the club. There are also lots of potential fighters and guys training to fight.

Enough with the questions.

Man please post no more.

Just come in and try a class and speak with people.

Hey does anyone know about how long it would take by bus from McMaster University to get to Joslin's?

20 minutes or so Peare.

Joslins all the Way!!!

Damn, unfortunately I checked it out and it would take 40 minutes. That's also assuming that the buses will be ontime. If I went I would spend nearly half the time on the bus. Too much trouble I guess.

If it's too much trouble then you never were serious about training. We got people from Cambridge, Kitchener, Grimsby, and Burlington that come to train with us. Every club has folks who travel to get there.

20min isn't that bad. You jump on any bus heading downtown from Mac. Then catch the Upper Ottawa, Upper Kenilworth, Upper Wentworth or Upper Gage and you can get dropped off at the front door.

Unfortunately it's your loss to be honest. You'll never get to experience BJJ and the people who train it that are top notch folks.

I hope to see you guys at Joslin's this year! Cheers!

Yeah, 20min isn't bad at all. But like I said it takes 40min, I checked on the Hamilton Transit Site(http://www.city.hamilton.on.ca/living-here/Transit/Current-Schedules/). The Upper Ottawa, which seems like the fastest route from Downtown, takes slightly over 20 minutes to get to Upper Ottawa & Fennell stop(closest to the school, none of them drop off at or near door). Ride to downtown is just over 10 minutes. Add to that transfering and walking time and 40 minutes would be lucky, 50 more realistic.

I really appreciate your response, but I would like further help. I would either like to know if there are any closer BJJ places in Hamilton or if there is something wrong in the above travelling figures.

Thanks.

I live in Cambridge and still find a way to make it. Brad lives in Fort Erie and finds a way to make it and Dragon and Rich live in Kitchener/Waterloo and still find a way to make it. You live in Hamilton and can't find a way to make it? Whatever dude.

Dude, Upper Ottawa and Fennell is no where near the club. And all the buses I mentioned stop right at the corner, you walk across the road and go in. Whereabouts do you live in Hamilton?

Ok, maybe I'm mistaking the location. Is it not located as shown in the picture on this site?

http://www.joslinskarate.com/jitsu.htm

Oh yes, I'm living at McMaster university and I would be looking into taking my first class in BJJ ever. I can understand travelling long distances if you are already passionate but when it comes to making a first commitment, the travel time is a little disconcerting.

Edited to add: I really do think that map is wrong. The address doesn't really correspond to it for one thing. I looked it up and it must be located somewhere between upper wentworth and upper wellington. This will cut the time down to near 20 minutes. I'll definitely check it out.

Yup its between upper wellington and upper wentworth. Its right at the mountain brow basically. Once the bus goes up the mountain, you travel 1min-30sec on the bus and your there.

Wonderful, that's much better. Thanks for the help.

I am still curious about one thing however. What is with the map on the Joslin's site. It points to a totally differnt location.