Hand of doom of banjo w/ vocals. Nails it

http://youtu.be/NoF9ar3QxWM

One of my all time fav songs from black sabbath. Phone Post 3.0

wow that was awesome. dude has some serious skills

Yeah, dude! He covers the likes of red fang as well. I really like his vocals Phone Post 3.0

Great voice, but I can't get into the way he strums the banjo.

That's no David Lee Roth Bluegrass

That's great! One of my favorite Savbath tunes too. It doesn't get enough recognition IMO. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_BluePlease - Great voice, but I can't get into the way he strums the banjo.
That's because it isn't a real banjo...

That's basically a guitar with a banjo body (6 strings, same tuning). Cool video and cover, but I hate those 6-string 'banjos'.

4-string (plectrum or tenor) and 5-string is where it's at IMO. Phone Post 3.0

GiarcDrofwarc -
UGCTT_BluePlease - Great voice, but I can't get into the way he strums the banjo.

That's basically a guitar with a banjo body (6 strings, same tuning). Cool video and cover, but I hate those 6-string 'banjos'.

Ahhh good call! I thought banjos had a thing string first and different tuning. Phone Post 3.0

Thin string* Phone Post 3.0

Cool cover

We used to call those a "gitjo" Phone Post 3.0

southcraw -
GiarcDrofwarc -

Ahhh good call! I thought banjos had a thing string first and different tuning. Phone Post 3.0
You are correct, 5-strings have a thin fifth (top), same gauge as the first string (bottom).

The one in the video is just like a six string guitar. I don't like them, but they do make it easy for a guitar player to get that banjo sound without learning a new instrument. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

great song

His Dragonaut video is pretty good too Phone Post 3.0