Hand shake/slap PLUS Fist Bump origin?

That shit starting in BJJ gyms in North Dakota and eventually spread to SoCal. Copy cat bastards.

My MGinAction Tutorial: http://tinyurl.com/d78pavw

HOW TO FILLET A FISH: http://www.youtube.com/user/joelovesfishin?feature=mhsn

tio te - sufferingsuckatash is correct. It's a surf culture thing that started in Hawaii.

He seem mad tho!

sufferingsuckatash -

we slap n dap in hawaii and not even in bjj. at the beach surfing, at the bball court, at the mall, at school we always have done it. just like we invented the shaka which has been a tradition for YEARS. its a hawaiian thing. you guys from socal and brasil come here for a winter to surf our north shore then take our customs back to your lands and claim them as your own. you fuckers steal everything we have ever had. land, waves women and hand signs. fuckers.

Ah yes the Shaka....ruining pictures since 1960... Phone Post

I always palm the fist as it comes forwards me because paper covers rock and I like to start every match winning. Phone Post

ChokeUBJJ - I always palm the fist as it comes forwards me because paper covers rock and I like to start every match winning. Phone Post

Nice Phone Post

Fist bump is lame as hell. One hand slap or shake only. Phone Post

Also, proper etiquette is to leave the fist bump hanging if the guy tries it. Phone Post

Morgz - 
tio te - sufferingsuckatash is correct. It's a surf culture thing that started in Hawaii.

He seem mad tho!

hell yeah im mad. when you think about surfers what usually comes to mind? some blonde kid in socal throwing up a shaka when all that shit started here in hawaii. now think about the slap and bump. you and everyone is fighting about it starting in either socal or brasil but we have been doing it in hawaii since atleast the early 90's when i was in highschool and probably even before then. do we ever get the recognition we deserve? nope we just get our traditions stolen from us and everyone fighting about how THEY started it. sure take a month vacation to my north shore and steal my swag then rep it like you won it. give cred where its do thats all im asking. we need to start copywriting shit out here seriously.

BJJRoxy - 
sufferingsuckatash -

we slap n dap in hawaii and not even in bjj. at the beach surfing, at the bball court, at the mall, at school we always have done it. just like we invented the shaka which has been a tradition for YEARS. its a hawaiian thing. you guys from socal and brasil come here for a winter to surf our north shore then take our customs back to your lands and claim them as your own. you fuckers steal everything we have ever had. land, waves women and hand signs. fuckers.

if you do it right it only enhances a pic. there is a whole art to the shaka. seriously as kids we would make fun of the way "haoles" would throw the shaka. it looks retarded with the thumb squished up against the side of the hand or the pinky bent at the wrong angle. look at how a hawaiian throws it, it looks natural. dont blame us for your people stealing and doing one of our moves incorrectly.

sufferingsuckatash - 
Morgz - 

He seem mad tho!

hell yeah im mad. when you think about surfers what usually comes to mind? some blonde kid in socal throwing up a shaka when all that shit started here in hawaii. now think about the slap and bump. you and everyone is fighting about it starting in either socal or brasil but we have been doing it in hawaii since atleast the early 90's when i was in highschool and probably even before then. do we ever get the recognition we deserve? nope we just get our traditions stolen from us and everyone fighting about how THEY started it. sure take a month vacation to my north shore and steal my swag then rep it like you won it. give cred where its do thats all im asking. we need to start copywriting shit out here seriously.

own, due, their and there and all that jazz shit imo

cant spell when furious

probably a mix of local culture and Brazilian teacher (if there is one).

for instance at Shendokan they give a quick air kiss on the cheek before rolling.

ChokeUBJJ - I always palm the fist as it comes forwards me because paper covers rock and I like to start every match winning. Phone Post

Hahahahahha Phone Post

not just southern california. I live more towards the north and Ive been shaking hands like that since elementary school maybe earlier.

sufferingsuckatash -
BJJRoxy - 
sufferingsuckatash -

if you do it right it only enhances a pic. there is a whole art to the shaka. seriously as kids we would make fun of the way "haoles" would throw the shaka. it looks retarded with the thumb squished up against the side of the hand or the pinky bent at the wrong angle. look at how a hawaiian throws it, it looks natural. dont blame us for your people stealing and doing one of our moves incorrectly.

Relax "bra". Wait, did "your people" come up with that term as well? If so, we thank you here on the mainland. Phone Post

Years ago my brother was visiting and we kneeled and bowed to eachother as a sign of mutual respect (a Judo formality mostly) but then he slapped my face just as we were rising up in posture to establish grips. After our match we walked around to find other partners and overheard some people asking eachother "Did you see that? ...Who is he? Why did he slap him?". We just ignored it a kept rolling with others. Ah yes, Good Times, as they say.

ChokeUBJJ - 

I always palm the fist as it comes forwards me because paper covers rock and I like to start every match winning. Phone Post

quality post right here.

^^voted up

sufferingsuckatash - 
Morgz - 

He seem mad tho!

Hahaha I hear you man.  Until proven otherwise, I will consider this a Hawaiin thing!

All I know is it darn sure didn't start at my academy.

EazyG - probably a mix of local culture and Brazilian teacher (if there is one).

for instance at Shendokan they give a quick air kiss on the cheek before rolling.

NO WAY!  Seriously?

I may start a "Seniors Only" greeting.  Just before the match, we'll both let a fart ease out, and then scowl at the ref like he did it.

True story: this was passed to the Gracies via Count Koma. It's all judo. Phone Post