Hand shake/slap PLUS Fist Bump origin?

I dont know about how it relates to BJJ...but its been going on in So Cal since the late 80s..more from hip hop culture...started with fist bumping top and bottom...then straight on.
The next one I remember was the hand shake that ended with an almost S-grip (the cool kids snapped their fingers afterward or pointed thier pointing finger at each other)
Then a slap and bump..

Morgz - 
sufferingsuckatash - 
Morgz - 
tio te - sufferingsuckatash is correct. It's a surf culture thing that started in Hawaii.

He seem mad tho!

hell yeah im mad. when you think about surfers what usually comes to mind? some blonde kid in socal throwing up a shaka when all that shit started here in hawaii. now think about the slap and bump. you and everyone is fighting about it starting in either socal or brasil but we have been doing it in hawaii since atleast the early 90's when i was in highschool and probably even before then. do we ever get the recognition we deserve? nope we just get our traditions stolen from us and everyone fighting about how THEY started it. sure take a month vacation to my north shore and steal my swag then rep it like you won it. give cred where its do thats all im asking. we need to start copywriting shit out here seriously.

Hahaha I hear you man.  Until proven otherwise, I will consider this a Hawaiin thing!

All I know is it darn sure didn't start at my academy.

:) im just playin

Bull_in_chinashop - 

You train with Sam "The Crusher" Joseph? 2X Pan Am champ, undefeated MMA fighter and Combat Judo green belt? You are the luckiest man in Atlanta! Phone Post

He tells us this every day.

BJJRoxy - 
sufferingsuckatash -
BJJRoxy - 
sufferingsuckatash -

we slap n dap in hawaii and not even in bjj. at the beach surfing, at the bball court, at the mall, at school we always have done it. just like we invented the shaka which has been a tradition for YEARS. its a hawaiian thing. you guys from socal and brasil come here for a winter to surf our north shore then take our customs back to your lands and claim them as your own. you fuckers steal everything we have ever had. land, waves women and hand signs. fuckers.

Ah yes the Shaka....ruining pictures since 1960... Phone Post

if you do it right it only enhances a pic. there is a whole art to the shaka. seriously as kids we would make fun of the way "haoles" would throw the shaka. it looks retarded with the thumb squished up against the side of the hand or the pinky bent at the wrong angle. look at how a hawaiian throws it, it looks natural. dont blame us for your people stealing and doing one of our moves incorrectly.

Relax "bra". Wait, did "your people" come up with that term as well? If so, we thank you here on the mainland. Phone Post

Actually, yes. Punanai, too.

I'm born and raised in Hawaii and people do not do the slap and dap, at least not back in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid. People do the handshake where you kinda grab each other around the base of the thumb. Shaka on the other hand you see all the time, and its spread to surf culture all over the world, including Brazil of course.

The first I saw of the slap and dap was the original Gracie Barra team back in the 90s, and since they were so dominant others copied it.

As an aside, Relson used to teach to shake the guys hand and immediately take sleeve control, never give the guy a chance to retract his hand. He said from the moment the match starts till the tap, total war.