Handing in my notice in the morning.....

feels good, man.

I like where I work, but the owner is cheap and does not follow through on commitments he makes with people. I waited long enough and finally I began to look for another place.

Applied and got a call back for a phone interview. Had that and it went well. Called back the next day and set up for interview. Went there yesterday and was really impressed with the shop (I am a machinist) as it was light years ahead of my shop in every aspect. Went very well. I woke up to my phone ringing early with them offering me the position. A few minutes later I have an e-mail with an offer letter in it.

It is fucking awesome. Way better pay and closer to me. Such a nice place, too. I told my supervisor tonight, who is my fren, and will be telling the owner tomorrow that August 1st will be my last day. Start the new job August 11th. My supervisor is very happy for me as he knows what I was promised and that it is fucked up that he has not honored it. Hopefully the owner is respectful and not a dick because I want to give my co-workers and frens time to replace me or at least be into that process.

Cool story, bro.

I work from 2:30-1:30 so I just got home.

I guess that means I will be handing it in during the afternoon, which is my morning. You get the point.

Team GDP's cancerous testicle - 

go the fuck to sleep

Fuck, I just got it.

VTFU

Fuck that movie as I saw it only after starting in this.  When the dude lost his arm it freaked me out for a good week at work.  

Vote up!!! Yah lucky bastard, I don't like my job right now at all and it sounds like we deal with the same shit. My job the engineer quit a few months ago so I've taken over the design end of the manufacturing and machining as well as my sales role.

I'm the only person at my job who knows autocad and solidworks, I'm the only person who knows the cnc operation and on my days off I'm usually called in to burn material with the cnc plasma cutter because no one else knows the operation program.

My boss/ the owner is a cheap fuck to, the profit margin in my job is huge like 50% plus and this guy hands out .67cent raises?

Wtf!!!! I want to quit badly, I am jealous Phone Post 3.0

You need to LOOK. You will find something better. It is just a matter of finding that new home that will appreciate you. I found a much better situation with very limited experience (less that 2 years) and not a whole lot of skill (yet, but I am learning a lot and have gotten good at basic operation/set ups and started to write G code programs). Dude, you have a skillset that will land you a much better job.

What's the worst is the table isn't compatible with sheetcam, so I physically have to change a bunch of code in the .tap document it's so fucking stupid.

Glad you found a new job man, hope it works out Phone Post 3.0

Awesome. You HAVE to look out for you ... All the luck homie .
Fuck your old job. Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like great news for you, OP. Congrats. Positive change like this is always good.

Congrats mate start my new job on August 4th! Spent 5 years at this company busting my balls only to have a Newby put in charge of me who hasn't got a clue and I had to train him. Fuck em... Phone Post 3.0

Good for you. I love leaving shitty jobs, and I haven't always been as kind as you about it when I felt that I was fucked over. My very first job when I was 13 I ghost rode a Dicki-Dee ice cream bicycle cart down a big ravine and watched that fucker blow apart into several pieces. That racist swindling fuck was none too pleased. I was white, but my buddy was Italian and the owner kept referring to him as 'the wop,' while stiffing us on our profits. Ya, that kind of set the tone for leaving jobs like that for years to follow.

sgotwalks - 

Good for you. I love leaving shitty jobs, and I haven't always been as kind as you about it when I felt that I was fucked over. My very first job when I was 13 I ghost rode a Dicki-Dee ice cream bicycle cart down a big ravine and watched that fucker blow apart into several pieces. That racist swindling fuck was none too pleased. I was white, but my buddy was Italian and the owner kept referring to him as 'the wop,' while stiffing us on our profits. Ya, that kind of set the tone for leaving jobs like that for years to follow.

That story is fucking hilarious.

Cotton - feels good, man.

I like where I work, but the owner is cheap and does not follow through on commitments he makes with people. I waited long enough and finally I began to look for another place.

Applied and got a call back for a phone interview. Had that and it went well. Called back the next day and set up for interview. Went there yesterday and was really impressed with the shop (I am a machinist) as it was light years ahead of my shop in every aspect. Went very well. I woke up to my phone ringing early with them offering me the position. A few minutes later I have an e-mail with an offer letter in it.

It is fucking awesome. Way better pay and closer to me. Such a nice place, too. I told my supervisor tonight, who is my fren, and will be telling the owner tomorrow that August 1st will be my last day. Start the new job August 11th. My supervisor is very happy for me as he knows what I was promised and that it is fucked up that he has not honored it. Hopefully the owner is respectful and not a dick because I want to give my co-workers and frens time to replace me or at least be into that process.

Cool story, bro.
Good for you bud. Cotton bud. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome man, congrats on the new job! Phone Post 3.0

Good luck bro.

Cotton - I guess that means I will be handing it in during the afternoon, which is my morning. You get the point.

Don't worry, I am sure OG white knights have been working through the night to track down where you work to tell your boss for you.

Congrats bro!

Good for you OP VU. Whatever you do if they say they'll give everything they promised leave anyways.
A few years ago I worked for a small shop. I was on the same pay scale for over 2 years. Asked the owner for a raise a few times and he said we weren't making a lot of money a week later he shows up to the shop with a new Boat. First chance I got to leave I did. He then decided to "match" what I was going to get paid at the new place. I left anyways.He was so mad he didn't let me finish my 2 weeks. He kicked me out on the spot.

Good stuff cotton, after the snafu with your machine being fucked up and them not telling you......fuck em. Phone Post 3.0

Any machinist welders or fitters on the gulf looking for work? My dad is a labor supplier for ship yards plants and machine shoos so if anyone needs anything, i can probably help. Phone Post 3.0