Hannu Toivonen

is impressive. The kid is only 21, and looks like he pretty much took over the starrting spot from Raycroft. If the B's can hang on to him, which they won't, they'll at least have a future all-star netminder for the next 10-15 years. But knowing the Bruins as I do, they'll trade Raycroft and not re-sign Toivonen and be screwed in a few years.

toivonen has taken the lions share of the work - raycroft has really been lackluster

seems as if the new NHL is favoring toivonen's style of play - as opposed to raycroft who is more reliant on angles etc...toivonen has a ton of potential - the only problem for him is workload - if he plays 3 straight games he lets in some weak goals. just needs to develop some more cardio

the amount of ice he covers in his butterfly is just awesome.

"But knowing the Bruins as I do, they'll trade Raycroft and not re-sign Toivonen and be screwed in a few years."

they wont trade raycroft til he is about to become an unrestricted FA or unless an unbelievable deal comes along. as for the bruins front office moves - i cannot say im that impressed with the job they did this offseason - to say the least! but the old days of putting ray bourque through salary arbitration are gone - the salary cap has ended that crap

before they were cheap - that isnt an issue anymore - now they are just fools - lets just hope that doesnt last for long

I'd offer a player for Raycroft, but the Leafs are so stocked with goaltending talent for the present and future, he is unneeded. I'm sure the Habs could use him though or the Casucks.

raycroft did not impress me with the games i saw this season vs. the leafs. toyguy was much better.