Happy birthday, Gerard Gordeau!

Gerard Gordeau is a Dutch former savateur, karateka, and mixed martial artist. He is the 1991 World Champion Savate and holder of the Dutch Champion Kyokushin Karate title for 8 consecutive years, but foremost known internationally for his fight against Teila Tuli in the first televised Ultimate Fighting Championship bout on 12 November 1993, and for his employment of "dirty," often illegal fighting techniques such as biting and eye-gouging.

Born: 30 March 1959 (age 62 years), The Hague, Netherlands

He had a hell of an eye poke.

1 Like

It was hard to pick up when he bit Royce`s ear,but it must of happened.Royce rubbed his ear during the post fight interview.

Hes a surprisingly nice guy, met him in holland  hes like a jolly biker

He blinded a fighter intentionally,  he can go to hell

1 Like

Tough dude.

Fuck that guy.

2 Likes

Man, I haven't heard that name in a long time.  For some reason, my brain conjured up Gerard Depardieu instead, and I couldn't imagine why the OG gave a shit about this old French actor.

Excuse me, I meant the UG.  

Terrible thread soup. Fuck that guy! 

1 Like

Yuki Naki is still blind in one eye from Gordeau eye gouging him at the Vale Tud Japan Open '95. It was amazing that the outsized Naki still won that fight via submission to an arm bar.

In UFC 1, there were just 2 rules, and he broke them both

theshooter -

Yuki Naki is still blind in one eye from Gordeau eye gouging him at the Vale Tud Japan Open '95. It was amazing that the outsized Naki still won that fight via submission to an arm bar.

I would assume he didn’t recover from that blindness and is still in fact blind in that eye.

Fuck Gerard Gordeau, dirty eye gouging fuck.

2 Likes

Yeah, he is a real POS.

Soup totally gets a pass because he is the best member on this site.

But I agree, this is a super rare “bad” soup thread.

@Soup

This thread I made, the “dirty fighter” that I referenced is Gerard Gordeau