Happy birthday, Joan Jett!

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

I would like to sign up for her rug munching seminar. She is a legend at that ya?

2 Likes

Lita said she believed Joan and the other Runaways were lesbos, as she said they never talked or cared about cock or men and we’re always talking about women.

2 Likes

In 2016, former Runaways guitarist Lita Ford revealed in her memoir that she quit the band because the other members were “all gay” saying “First I found out that Sandy, the one I had bonded with the most, was a lesbian. Then I found out that Cherie was messing around with Joan. I was so freaked out that I quit the band. When I found out that the girls were all gay in the band, I wasn’t sure how to take it. I didn’t know what it was.”[101]

In a 2018 interview with the New York Times, when asked about how an LGBT film festival did not want to show her documentary because she was not “out”, Jett said: “They don’t want the movie there because I don’t declare? [Holding up her necklace] What the [expletive] is that? Two labryses, or axes, crossing each other, inside of two women’s symbols crossing each other. It’s not been off since I got it. And I wear this one every day. [She turns around, lifts her shirt and reveals a tattoo with similar female symbols on her lower back.] I don’t know how much more you can declare.”

1 Like

in