Happy birthday, Tim Sylvia!

Timothy Deane Sylvia is an American retired mixed martial arts fighter, professional wrestler, and former two-time UFC Heavyweight Champion. He has competed as a Super Heavyweight and Heavyweight.

Born: 5 March 1976 (age 45 years), Ellsworth, Maine, United States

guarantee he is celebrating tonight with the belt around his waist!

Happy 45th to Big Tim :-)

RKing85 - guarantee he is celebrating tonight with the belt around his waist!

He deserves it! 

1 Like

Is there any other guy as high performing as Tim Sylvia who has been shit on by the fans as much as Tim Sylvia?  I think he's the P4P most disrespected guy in all of MMA.

I know all of that sounds whiny as shit and I'm probably coming off like a liberal.  I'm just feeling a bit philosophical this morning, it's one of those "why did it play out that way" mornings.  I don't feel good about how it played out for Tim Sylvia.  I think the guy probably deserved/deserves better.

Yes,Tim caught more shit than any other.I wonder if he is still a cop?

I got a picture with him in Denver at the Sheraton Hotel and he wasn`t wearing his belt.

jgiveshead -

Is there any other guy as high performing as Tim Sylvia who has been shit on by the fans as much as Tim Sylvia?  I think he's the P4P most disrespected guy in all of MMA.

I know all of that sounds whiny as shit and I'm probably coming off like a liberal.  I'm just feeling a bit philosophical this morning, it's one of those "why did it play out that way" mornings.  I don't feel good about how it played out for Tim Sylvia.  I think the guy probably deserved/deserves better.

i always had a lot of respect for Tim. Everything I have ever heard about him is that he did not have much in the way of talent or athleticism but he worked his ass off to get better. 

Happy birthday big man

![](upload://rQKzqxlqdWrVDcCbuMXBgYEsRes.jpeg)

jgiveshead - 

He shat on himself. What’s wrong with other people shitting on him as well?

I’ve met Tim a couple times, once at a VFC in Omaha right after beating Rodriguez and another time in 2019 at a Dierks Bentley concert.

of all the fighters I’ve communicated with, him and Yves Edwards are about the two coolest, least fighter mentality guys around.  I know he goofed with the roids but I really think it was more for appearance than performance.  

I had the pleasure of training with him and his crew when he came back and fought in Maine a few yrs back.

Great guy. Was awesome to everybody !

Happy Birthday Tim !!