Hard Disk Mp3 Player

Hey, just wondering if you guys could share some of your info about various hard disk mp3 players, basically 20GB and up. I was originally going to get the Creative Zen Xtra 60GB player, but have read really bad reviews on it and decided to wait. Now I am considersing the Dell 20GB player. I Guess my question is which current player on the market is the most reasonabably priced, reliable, best features, decent warranty and is able to hold at least 20GB? Any insight would be great...........

Dude go with the IPOD, I've only heard great things about it.

I have the 40 GB iPod and love it.

Another vote for the iPod here.

You guys seem to like the Ipod but what about all of the stories of people saying that the battery only last for about 1.5 years and then you have to ship it to Apple for $100 to replace it. If that is true then I think the Ipod is a total ripoff. Any info behind that?

That's partly a myth. Yes, it will cost a shitload if you send it to Apple, but you can order the battery on the net from a 3rd party and install it yourself for a fraction of the cost.

If you listen to your iPod for 8 hours a day, every day for a year and a half, then your battery will lose charge capacity.

Most people that I know who have had them since the beginning are still doing fine.

Also, the Dell DJ has the same type of non-replacable battery as the iPod does, so you aren't getting around anything buy buying the Dell. Although it does have more charge capacity.

The iPod is great, I highly recommend one.