Hardcore/Metalcore Fans Check In

That’s lame.

We have to pay extra to be able to sit down. Standing has always been the cheapest (obviously not the case everywhere). It’s usually like, close seats are most expensive, then the further the seats are the cheaper they are, and GA is cheapest.

Most hardcore shows I’ve been to have been at a VFW/bingo hall/church basement/bottom of an empty pool where there’s only one price though, haha.

1 Like

From End It’s Baltimore record release. I didn’t take photos in Richmond it was too hot in the Warehouse to even move slightly.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, same. Most of the shows I go to are single room venues/bars that are breaking all of the fire codes every night there’s a show. Lol.

1 Like

These pictures are fucking awesome, thanks for sharing!

Despite what I just said, here’s my schedule for the rest of the year:

2 Likes

None of those bands fall under hardcore but I am a fan of every single one. Slayer’s farewell tour was the only time I liked every band on the bill. I like every band from each of these shows.

1 Like

Ive only.got one show lined up so far for the rest.if the year. Im sure a couple.more will filter in.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Holding a Wolf By The Ears!

1 Like

Not my favorite album but it’s what they had so I snagged it. Outside said it was a limited edition color (I prefer black) but when I opened it it was black ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Are you a fan of their earlier material?

Too Bad You’re Beautiful was revolutionary to me when it dropped. The Fiction We Live reinforced that. Abandon Your Friends was the soundtrack to a cross country move that had a huge impact on my life. All those albums are meaningful to me. I’m not a huge fan of the post-Perri era.

1 Like

Ah okay. Their first two were big for me. AYF is a great album but never connected with me emotionally. HAWBTE is important to me because I was in a transitional period in my life and it helped me get through it. Although I do prefer both Ben and Francis doing co-vocals, I do like the way HAWBTE got the band back to being a drum-driven group, and sounded closer to their early sound.

1 Like

Maybe what I said came off as more harsh than I intended. Holding A Wolf by the Ears is still a solid record. On the Offensive/Delusions of Grandeur/Underpass Tutorial/Pioneers are still in heavy rotation. I just view the first two albums as more complete pieces of work.

Abandon Your Friends is different but I kind of like that about it. The realization that they are what they hate. You can hear the turmoil before the inevitable split with Ben. For whatever reason the intro to Sugar Wolf is one of my favorite riffs ever. I catch myself humming it all the time.

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean. I’ll have to listen to AYF again. It has been years. There are some killer riffs on that record, I just didn’t find it as catchy.

1 Like

Well @MasterofMartialArts you inspired me to hunt the rest of these down.

1 Like

Caught night one of RATM in DC the other night. My fourth or fifth time seeing them, with the last being in Brazil in 2010. They killed it. Best set list I’ve ever seen them play as far as song choice goes. Zach’s injury didn’t hold them back at all despite him sitting on a road case the entire set. I was standing by the sound/light booth on the floor since I didn’t wanna be in the crowd, and saw Sunny setting up so I got to catch up with him for 20 or so minutes shooting the shit.

If you didn’t know, a week before the tour started, their team got back to him and granted permission to film all of their sets in full (every other photog only gets 3 songs to shoot) at any and all stops he wants. Dream come true for him and he’s doing a killer job. Rage’s most recent IG post is a cut he put together of Township Rebellion filming from the security barrier, a crowd cam and a drum cam. So cool

1 Like