Harder on body: Judo or Muay Thai ?

?

Neither are a picnic but I think the amount of long training Judoka with bad knee or back injuries is probably pretty substantial.

I would have to say Muay Thai...seems like a lot of pro muay thai fighters are done fighting after 24.

Maybe muay thai, but my judo instructor has a bar in his forearm and is missing a toe from judo.

actual damage = judo

pain = muay thai

both hurt..

there's a huge difference between training & competitive fighting.
if we're talking training, judo wins, no doubt about it.
judo folks are some of the most banged up people on the earth.
i think even if you include competition into the assessment, judo still probably compares favorably.

Training for Judo is far tougher on your body than training for Muay Thai.

I had the chance to sit in on a training session for the British Judo Team recently and I can say first hand those guys don't mess around. The randori was really something to see. But having said that I guess they are both taxing on the body in different ways. I'd say competing at the top level in any combat sport is about as taxing on the body as it gets.

Judo, in my limited experience. I don't train a lot of throws, but it seems like I'm always sore for a week afterwards. MT only makes me sore for a couple days :P

Personally I've sustained a lot more long-term injuries playing Judo then when I was training MT. I have a titanium plate in my left wrist for example from a Judo injury (which oddly enough makes throwing jabs pretty much out of the fuggin question in the near future).

But in all fairness I was in my 20s when I was kickboxing I didn't start training Judo until I was in my 30s. It's hard for me to think that doesn't play some factor. I wrestled when I was a kid (age 10 to 18) and did get injured from time to time but not to the same degree as kickboxing or playing Judo.

I do agree that MT is just outright painful as hell where as with Judo it just seems to be a lot more nagging hurts here and there that take forever to go away (because of course you keep training with them).

I go through a shit-ton of atheletic tape for damn sure.

Kirik -  Training for Judo is far tougher on your body than training for Muay Thai.

Kirik is correct.

Pro Wrestling.

Judo will wreck your body.

I've known several top tier judoka and every single one of them has a lengthy list of injuries they've suffered in training and/or competition.

Both are bad in there own way.

Put it this way I got more nervous for an MT match than a Judo match.

I would say Judo damages joints.... back, knees, fingers and toes.... and I would say these are worse injuries.

MT is an impact game where you take alot of pain and punisment by being hit and checking kicks etc.

It depends who my MT or Judo match is with lol!

not many ppl die from judo matches though

Boxing is the worst because its the only combat sport where your brain is GUARANTEED to be damaged if you do it long enough.

voorhees - Boxing is the worst because its the only combat sport where your brain is GUARANTEED to be damaged if you do it long enough.

Repeat blunt force trauma. No arguement there boxing is the most dangerous sport that's legal imo. Crazy when you really think about it, how many boxers die each year...

Squared Circle -  Pro Wrestling.
Truth be told, SC is probably correct.

Zedlepln -
Squared Circle - Pro Wrestling.
Truth be told, SC is probably correct.

I would say it definately injures your body the most.