Hardest Puncher in MMA

Silva

All-time Rizzo. Modern-day Arlovski and Fedor.

Current - Chuck
All time - Tank

herring? now im a big fan of herring, but he has very little punching power.

vovchanchyn, i think it was rampage that said vovchanchyn hits so hard it doesnt hurt.

Pulver, and Igor.

The few times I've seen punches connect and almost felt them from my sofa were at the hands of:

Igor, Rizzo and Murray

Art Jemmerson for sure. Then Jason Delucia and Ortiz.....hahaa. Nah Id say Rizzo, Tank, Fedor and Rocky Balboa

qazzaq, I'm pretty sure that Gary Goodridge was the one who said that you don't feel Igor's punches.

Brad Kohler threw that one bomb that knocked some dude into next week. I forget the guy's name, but that was probably the single hardest punch I've ever seen land.

Still waiting for answers to my questions to Sadyv and obesedaryl. Regarding what Fujita and Herring said respectively.

ttt

Ferrozzo, Sapp, Cabbage, Tank

"Brad Kohler threw that one bomb that knocked some dude into next week. I forget the guy's name, but that was probably the single hardest punch I've ever seen land."

That was Steve Judson who was unfortunate enough to be in the way of one of the perfect punches in MMA. Not that Brad has all that stellar of a record, but his whole body was behind that shot and Steve's hands were so low it would have been a crime NOT to hit him.

And that is the quandry of this discussion: Are we talking about who has landed the hardest punch, or who regularly hits with real impact?

I'd say old school Tank COULD hit with scary force. I think Cal Worsham felt his power and wanted none of it. Steve Nelmark got shut off like a switch.

Phil Baroni and Jens Pulver both come to mind as lighter guys who can change a fight with a punch. Phil seems to be falling off the pace, but who knows...

Yep, I gotta go with younger Tank as the guy I would LEAST like to get hit by, with Fedor,Cro-Cop and a few others close behind.

Yeah, my question is regarding, more or less, who can flat out hit the hardest. Not necessarily who has hit someone with the hardest shot, but who regularly throws them with bad intentions.

Also, let me add again that I would rather stay away from pound for pound...just looking for who hits the hardest, regardless of weight.

ttt

silva, rizzo, tank, penn, igor, good vitor, chuck ...
all these guys could change a fight with one punch

Does anybody know where that alleged Fujita quote is, saying that Fedor doesn't hit that hard? I have to see it to believe it.

Also, the convo where Heath compares Fedor and Igor's power.

ttt

jwizard, a fighter that post here, who trains with Marco Ruas, who Fujita is traning with currently for his fight with Gaber, posted that Fujita said that.

Fujita didn't think Fedor's punches were that strong, but that the kick that Fedor landed in the final combination is what really put him down, which if you watch the fight again, does appear to be what really drops Fujita.

The kick was definitely solid, but those bombs hit his chin too. I can't argue if he in fact said that...maybe Fujita is just a different animal. Thanks for responding Sadyv...much appreciated.

It'd be cool to hear what Gary says in regards to comparing Fedor and Igor's power as well.

ttt

Not many have mentioned Kid Yamamoto.

Im not sure about his boxing but his GNP has to be one of the strongest out there.

Fedor.... and definitely not Rizzo. I don't see how people could say Rizzo.

mark hunt , tank , rizzo ... sapp if he connects