Hardest type of guy to sweep?

I agree with BIC.  As a BJJ guy I would be willing to be swept before I gave up my arm or a choke.  Wrestlers are far more willing to give up a sub instead of being put on their back. 

wasnt sperry swept against nijna or "reversed"

match seems so long ago though

A jiujitsu guy with some wrestling trainning is the hardest to sweep in my opinion. But if your talking about someone with one or the other... Wrestlers are almost imposible to sweep from the closed but are easier to sweep with the half guard especially when you have a good butterfly guard to off balance them. Sperry and Randleman is not a good argument for an average person b/c they are two of the top pro's in the world and there aren't many people on this forum that could sweep either of them once. Let the arguement be a guy who has wrestled 4 years (average h.s wrestler) vs. a guy who has trainned bjj for 4 years (new purple belt) IMO is all individual depending on the persons game but I'd say on the average.

it depends, i've never trained with a wrestler (England) but i can imagine that when they get from guard they dont posture with hands on the stomach and back straight. I imagine they lock their hands around your torso and keep their weight down.

Now this can be done by anyone, a girl from judo class did this once to me and i was like wtf cause i couldnt do anything untill she let go (this was a while ago and not much training).

People need to find a college level or higher wrestler who is their size or bigger and have a no-gi rolling session with him.  That will put an end to the debates in their mind about who is hardest to sweep.

ttt

I wrestled in high school, did judo for the past 8 years, and did BJJ for the last 4 years. I can say that most definitely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, BJJ guys at the advanced level are WAAAAAY harder to sweep than state-level wrestlers or national level judo guys. However, that being said, sweeping a very good judo guy or very good wrestler, you won't keep either on their back for very long unless you're a good wrestler or judoka yourself. They'll generally both turtle really fast. So is it a sweep when you reverse and they turtle? I say yes. I saw this called a sweep (2 points) at the BJJ Mundials pretty consistently this year.
Wrestlers are pretty hard to take down though. So are judo guys with the gi.... But you can work some throws with wrestlers that work great based on kazushi with the gi, and you can use bread-and-butter doubles and low-singles on judo guys.... but that's another thread entirely....

ttt

I completly agree with judo goat. I have competed in judo vs. some collegent all americans, Wrestled former state champs in college njcaa meets, and competed in advanced nogi divisions and I have always had the hardest time sweeping or reversing the high level bjjers.

One of my best trainning partners is a 4x hs state champ and he is an absolute monster on the mat. However he is not by any means the hardest person to sweep (halfguard), he is on the other hand the hardest person to try to play guard against and besides my blackbelt instructor, he is the person who passes my guard the most. There's no point in talking about who gets the takedown b/c I just assume I will be in the air within the first 2 minutes if we start from our feet.

ttt