Hardy: GSP is an athlete, not a fighter

BJcries2mommy -  dan hardy vs Bj penn..winner is #1 p4p excuse maker.

LOL

The only thing Hardy should be saying is "GSP is a winner, and I'm a loser". He's taking a few weeks off after the fight?? GSP starting working on his errors immediately. And that's why GSP will always be a winner, and Hardy will always be a loser.

I just hope hardy has to face some legitimate opponents before getting a rematch, cause that would most likely mean we'll never hear from him again...

Has Hardy been training with Mir?

Dan I do agree with you for the most part about you getting back into the gym and getting better at the things you were outclassed on. Hardy showed a pretty good ground game and was able to accomplish more than Bj did in his fight against GSp. He didnt get hit half as much but he almost had both his arms ripped off. Dan is a "good" fighter but got that title shot way to early. But i must say i respect Dan hardy alot more now. well that was until he started running his mouth again.

So that's not how Hardy would want to win a fight??

Well then I'm actually interested to hear how he would want to win a fight because he did nothing at all to win this fight. Looks like he is having a hard time accepting that GSP is far better a fighter than he is.

Dan Hardy is going to get obsessed with GSP like Mir did with Lesnar...a very risky thing to do.

He will mess around and overlook the other contenders(none of which he's faced!) at 170lbs.

I would love to see him "bang" with Thiago Alves.

Hardy would get mauled by someone like Nate Diaz.

Great match up. Due to the ufc's current shitty trend of matchmaking we will probably never see it though.

so... the 'fighter' got beat up by an 'athlete'?

Hardy just can't let this go. Guaranteed Hardy would have done anything he could have to win that fight and been proud of it and flaunt it; but that didn't happen. GSP is a "smart" fighter. He figures out his opponents and then capitalizes on their weaknesses. GSP wasn't happy with his performance, he wanted to finish the fight earlier and if technically he had performed either of the two submission attempts then he would have. GSP is evolving as a FIGHTER where as Hardy is de-evolving as a TALKER.

I think Hardy should look at the tapes again because the 4th and 5th round he was beat already; you could see it in his face. And he WAS just about to tap but GSP did the right thing and abandoned the submission as it wasn't working. I honestly think if he would have yanked with all of his might one more time, Hardy would have broke in more then one way.

Hardy needs a fight right away with somebody to see that he IS NOT as good as he thinks he is or that others have told him. That the only reason he was given the fight was because GSP had nobody else to fight plus it helped to draw in more of the UK viewers, a marketing recently targeted and where they are getting much revenue now. We all know this and Hardy needs to figure this out to, this was GSP's easiest fight to date ... Hardy was no competition.

So Hardy, move on please. Hit the gym and perhaps next time look elsewhere for training and not somebody that GSP destroyed.

Can't blame him for trying to make a buck.

The difference between Hardy and GSP isn't that GSP simply does whatever it takes to win. Hardy does this as well. The difference is that GSP has about 10 times as many ways to win in his arsenal. Against GSP, Hardy only had 1 chance and that was to land the KO punch. He's just pissed because GSP clowned him and didn't let him come even close to landing anything standing, took him down at will and dominated him from start to finish. I can't wait to hear this same excuse when he fights guys like Fitch and Koschek that are also more well rounded than him.

Hardly

GSP was scared to stand.

FortyKoatz - 

Hardy would get mauled by someone like Nate Diaz.

Great match up. Due to the ufc's current shitty trend of matchmaking we will probably never see it though.

Especially given that Diaz would win. Watching the UFC try to rebuild Dan Hardy is going to be funny.

does hardy think getting a close decision win over B fighters swick and davis is being more of a fighter than winning 5 rounds decisively?

You should feel overwhelmed. You didn't have an answer for the assault he put on your for 25 minutes. Hip escape from side mount maybe?

ranier wolfcastle - <b> does hardy think getting a close decision win over B fighters swick and davis is being more of a fighter than winning 5 rounds decisively?</b>

Didn't you read? Hardy beat those wins out of them. Even the split decisions ones. LOL!

I wonder what Hardy would have said if GSP had actually managed to submit him. He's not a fighter he's just a grappler? This is MMA not muay thai, so if Hardy wanted to "fight" he should have learned how to stuff GSPs takedown

Georges corner kept telling him to GNP to soften up Hardy for the sub, and even though he didn't, he still dominated the fight for 5 rounds.

For the record I wasn't happy that he fought so conservatively, even on the ground, but Hardy didn't belong in that fight AT ALL, and it showed.

maybe the fighter should have thrown a punch sometime.