Hardy/Hazelett at UFC 119

Reported at Sherdog.com.

Link: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Hardy-Hazelett-Agreed-for-UFC-119-24270

"Dan Hardy and Dustin Hazelett have verbally committed to meet in a welterweight bout at UFC 119 tentatively scheduled for Sept. 18 in Hardy’s home country of England.."

Who takes it?  I think Hazelett could give Hardy some problems on the floor but he'll have a tough time getting it there...

If Mclovin' locks in a sub and Hardy won't tap it should get interesting.

i'd rather see hazelett vs swick and hardy vs saunders

damn looks like Hardy is starting from the bottom

classic grappler/striker match up, if Hazelett wants to be careless again and stand, it could be another short night

then again, McLovin has some of the sickest subs in the UFC, lets see if he can get Hardy to tap

Really interesting fight. I think Hazelett needs to get a submission to win, because he's not going to win the stand up and I don't think his top game is good enough to control Hardy on the ground to win a decision.

I'll be rooting for Hazelett to pull of a feat which GSP was not able to accomplish and finish Hardy by submission, but if I had to bet on it, I'd take Hardy by decision.

Hardy via Split Decision

sick fight

Good fight...hard to pick a winner. McLovin is much more dangerous than Georges on the ground,but he lacks a bit in his standup.

SandraBullockFan - i'd rather see hazelett vs swick and hardy vs saunders

Hardy vs. Saunders would never happen as the UFC wants him to win in the UK.

Plenty of better matches for Hardy...but i'll take it.

Mclovin better cover up because Hardy punches hard too. 

Am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid bout? Daley probably has more technical striking than Hardy, but how is this supposed to look any different than Hazelett-Semtex? I'd be thrilled to see Dustin get the sub, but am not counting on it.

Gullivers Travels - Am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid bout? Daley probably has more technical striking than Hardy, but how is this supposed to look any different than Hazelett-Semtex?
because maybe this time Hazelett wont be a moron, and stand against the superior stiker

maybe he will attempt to use what got him this far, his amazing submissions

Hardy would be in big fuckin trouble if Hazelett got this to the ground, he knows how to finish a sub

epwar - Hardy via Split Decision

" if Hazelett wants to be careless again and stand, it could be another short night"

Can't say I've seen Hardy have a short night with anyone. I don't know where this reputation for being a devastating striker came from.

Rory Markham?

haha for the most part you're right, most of his fights have gone to decision lately

however, though i cant say i have seen many of his earlier fights, he does have a few KO/TKO's

Update: This article was updated at 7:43 p.m. ET to reflect Hazelett's withdrawal from the bout and to add that the event may occur in October.

He destroyed Markham standing but so did Nate Diaz in his first fight at 170 (the only guy Nate has stopped with strikes in the UFC).