Harley Davidson question...

So I'm not going through a mid-life crisis but I am wanting to get back into riding.

I sold my last bike to buy my wife's engagement ring and now want to return to two wheels (mostly for commuting but for the occassional tour as well).  I had looked at dozens of bikes but on a whim popped into the Harley dealer and they had a blacked out 2010 Street Bob (basially the bike below) but with recurve VH pipes and led lights for signals.

The wife has given me a thumbs up (even with a solo saddle) and I'll drop a deposit on it tomorrow unless the collective wisdom of the OG convinces me otherwise.

For your trouble:

Helll yeah! Get it!
Life is short . Phone Post 3.0

Do it! How much? Phone Post 3.0

Mitey Mouze - Do it! How much? Phone Post 3.0

$15k it's a 2010 with some (not many) miles on it.

Thing is this will be my first bike that isn't a rice rocket.

Should I be nervous?

Pretty expensive toy, but you'll love it...just sell it to me when you get bored of it ;) Phone Post 3.0

Buy my 09 harley davidson rocker, flat black, has hide away passenger seat. If I had a blue I'd post pic Phone Post 3.0

Mitey Mouze - Pretty expensive toy, but you'll love it...just sell it to me when you get bored of it ;) Phone Post 3.0

Total toy but fuck me I'm going to enjoy it.

For what it's worth I've riden for years and this would be 8th or 9th (I've lost count) bike owned. I'm going to totally embrace my RUB status and use it for heading out and getting a non-fat soy latte but fully decked in leathers.

Just you wait, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE THIS MONTH'S HBR?!?!?"

COACH_U - Buy my 09 harley davidson rocker, flat black, has hide away passenger seat. If I had a blue I'd post pic Phone Post 3.0

I never like the aesthetics of the rocker - great bike but not my cup of non-fat soy latte.

That bike looks sick. I've been looking at that same bike. I'd like that or an FLSTSB. Phone Post 3.0

Why the switch to Harley? Phone Post 3.0

Be welcome to the dyna family, if you want a different seat ask the salesman if they have any others around, or if they can sell you one for cheap, that's what I did picked up a double for an extra 100 bucks.

Nice bike. You will notice the Harley feels stronger if not exactly faster off the line Phone Post 3.0

Check out the new models of Indian motorcycles. Harleys are so me too.... Phone Post 3.0

Get a vrod Phone Post 3.0

Buddy got back to me with the 'true' price (apparently the sticker price is only part of the deal).

$16,500 is a bit much for a toy considering I'm also upgrading my leathers and lid this year.

Am heading in to look at this tomorrow and Many Reyes willing I'll have this shortly:

The wide glide has been on my list for the last 10yrs or so and at 6'2 I think is a better fit than the Bob.