Harmony Gold sues Hasbro

Man if someone was to kickstart a remake of the original i would give them my wallet.

Along those lines - Japanese folks already did a remake of Star Blazers (Uchuu Senkan Yamato, or Space Battleship Yamato), it was released as Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 - the same story and characters, they just updated the art and animation..

I had this same Transformer when I was a kid... in the 80's. They are just now suing?

JudOWNED - I had this same Transformer when I was a kid... in the 80's. They are just now suing?

They're suing them again because of Hasbro's Convention exclusive where they made up the G.I. Joe Skystriker plane to look like Jetfire complete with Rocket boosters.

Me and my best bud re-painted our Jetfires to look like our favs. I was Max Sterling! Sweet blue paint job. Was stuck with those damn double head cannons tho :)

slowdiver - Me and my best bud re-painted our Jetfires to look like our favs. I was Max Sterling! Sweet blue paint job. Was stuck with those damn double head cannons tho :)

You should have went with the movie version. Both Rick and Max flew the VF-1S [aka the Jetfire head one] at the end of the movie]

None So Blind -
paw - 

Let me know if the images didn't appear.  This is the toy at the center of the lawsuit:

I always thought the "Jetfire" Autobot looked a TON like the special armored Veritechs that got trotted out at the end of the Macross series....

Granted, they're all based off the F-14 Tomcat interceptor plane, but that extra rocket pack thingy (the orange-ish thing on the top rear of the plane) is pretty conspicuous.
It is the superveritech.. Even down to the placement of decals. Good on harmony gold to sue those hasbro cunts. Phone Post 3.0

El_Varaco - 

yup jetfire was essentially a Veritech fighter, mainly the reason why he was one of my favorites

check out which one's Jetfire

Silly question but, what scale is jetfire? Is he 1/48 or 1/55 I am interested in building a collection like this.