Harold Lederman type annoucer for UFC?

Why doesnt the UFC have someone ring side scoring the fight like HBO has Lederman, someone who has judging experience who can explain why he gives someone a round? I think this could help keep decisions more understandable especially in close fights like Hendricks vs GSP.

They had Eddie Bravo before doing that, dont know why they stopped. Phone Post 3.0

lildragonof - They had Eddie Bravo before doing that, dont know why they stopped. Phone Post 3.0

I forgot about that. I think it would help fans especially new ones understand what the judges might be thinkin when they score a round.

Bravo did it up until he started calling out the judges live on air. Looking back I think Eddie was on to something.

They need this BADLY. If they can't change the commissions judges, at least they can have their own judge telling the public what the score SHOULD be on a round by round basis.

After each round have Goldberg ask the UFC's Unofficial Judge "who won the round, and why?" And let the guy give a brief explanation like Lederman does on HBO. This is how you educate the casual fans.

"Okay Joe! I've got it 3 rounds to 1 Hendricks. Georges is really gonna need to finish him this round."

forrestfan - "Okay Joe! I've got it 3 rounds to 1 Hendricks. Georges is really gonna need to finish him this round."

It's impossible not to read that in Lederman's voice lol.

Rogan does a good enough job imo. Anyone else in that Lederman position would be too much of a schill imo...but it would be good if he (or she) wasnt.

Jimmy Smith gives his round scores during Bellator, right?

forrestfan - Jimmy Smith gives his round scores during Bellator, right?

Yeah he does, and they display a graphic with the total score after each round.

Wasa-B - Rogan does a good enough job imo. Anyone else in that Lederman position would be too much of a schill imo...but it would be good if he (or she) wasnt.

Rogan doesnt give his scorecard, plus he seems to be too biased sometimes.

herwil10 - 
forrestfan - Jimmy Smith gives his round scores during Bellator, right?

Yeah he does, and they display a graphic with the total score after each round.

Yes he does. He's a quality announcer

You know who would be absolutely perfect for that role? Big John.

I know it's not something that would ever happen, but he would be perfect. He speaks well, is opinionated, isn't afraid to speak out and is somewhat charismatic.

MMA Playwright - You know who would be absolutely perfect for that role? Big John.

I know it's not something that would ever happen, but he would be perfect. He speaks well, is opinionated, isn't afraid to speak out and is somewhat charismatic.

He would be good.

herwil10 -
forrestfan - "Okay Joe! I've got it 3 rounds to 1 Hendricks. Georges is really gonna need to finish him this round."

I did the same thing lol. Phone Post 3.0

"Jim I gotta tell ya somethin."
http://youtu.be/SmM1pRVeFP0 Phone Post 3.0

jaytrainwreck - "Jim I gotta tell ya somethin."
http://youtu.be/SmM1pRVeFP0 Phone Post 3.0
Oh man that's some funny shit right there VU. Phone Post 3.0

herwil10 - 

lildragonof - They had Eddie Bravo before doing that, dont know why they stopped. Phone Post 3.0

probably because it's eddie bravo.

I'm sure he's great at breaking down grappling and such, but i don't think he'd make a great judge.

How reliable is he that he won't show up high out of his face?

He's a nice guy and all, but doesn't seem to have the most sound logic on the planet.

They definitely need someone there who speaks for the fans...or just a knowledgable guy who actually fought. Just brings a totally deferent dynamic to the broadcast. Phone Post 3.0