Hartford CT, things to do there?

Gonna be there for a couple days at the end of the month for work. Any advice and things to see/do?

thanks

Try not to get shot. Hartford is a shithole.

Keep driving.

Kidding, I used to go with a couple of my college buddies out to Hartford a few years ago and we'd go to Pig's Eye and Pour House right in downtown Hartford. They were usually pretty good on a weekend night. These days, if I go visit him, we go to West Hartford instead. It's a more upscale area with a few streets full of nice restaurants, bars, shops and clubs. Around this time of year, with the weather warming up, it's probably a good place to check out. They have a few rooftop bars as well.

Yeah, I'd stay in my hotel. The place is a shithole. Maybe take a drive up to Providence and get some food there. Providence has some of the best restaurants in the country.

Nothing.

Watch a movie, eat at Crapplebee's, take a shit etc.

Go watch the Maury show.

Get stabbed

Get Shot

Leave Hartford

Duck

Springfield Mass is 20 minutes away.  Basketball Hall of Fame. 

LOL sounds like a sweet place! Providence sounds cool, I'll have a car so maybe I'll head there for a day. 

buy insurance.. insurance capital of usa

Gold club strip club we used to go to in college. Right off of 91. 18 year old full nude side and a topless 21 year old side with booze.

Sexton Hardcastle - Go to WWE Headquarters
That is in Stamford ct. Probably hour and half away

What are you in to? Hartford proper sucks. West Hartford and surrounding areas are nice. Gonna look a few old spots and see if they're still around. 

Got to blue back square in West Hartford.

Avon , Farmington and West Hartford are all nice towns surrounding Hartford.

what are you looking to do while there?

Spigot - dive ass bar. No windows. Darts. Grungy but awesome. 

Vaughns - Irish style place with bomber food and desserts. Guinness brownie = the shit!  

Angelinas pizza if you need a quick slice on the go. 

Effies diner for breakfast. It's pretty basic but cheap as fuck and has good pancakes. 

Mo's midtown - fucking sick ass greasy breakfast spot. Their homefries are amazing.  

Been 10 years since I've been there but all those places still look open. 

I've had fun at Pour House, but there is not a ton to do in Hartford. Had some takeout BBQ from Bear's last week that was good.

clattymine -

What are you in to? Hartford proper sucks. West Hartford and surrounding areas are nice. Gonna look a few old spots and see if they're still around. 

I'm into beer/food/MMA etc probly same stuff we're all into here. Thanks for the info! West Hartford sounds best I think I'm gonna look into staying around there and maybe heading over to providence for a bit. 

Is the traffic heavy between Hartford and providence?

Jerk off then drive another 35min and I'll make you a steak dinner.

Must have proof that you jerked off

Mookie 3:16 -

Springfield Mass is 20 minutes away.  Basketball Hall of Fame. 

LOL, from one shithole to another! I grew up in Western Mass but now live over the border in CT.