Has any Gracie ever had superior standup?

Relative to MMA standards?

Ryan had good standup, didn't he?

RJJH - 

does Vitor count?

No, but out of curiosity, why would he? Does he have a close affiliation with the Gracies? Serious question; genuinely I don't know.

There was a period of time when Renzo was pretty good by most standards.
Back when he beat Maurice Smith, Mo said he was the best striker of the Gracies and that the reason he was taken down so easily is because he was actually concerned that Renzo's strikes might do damage.

TheOneDylanThomas - Relative to MMA standards?

Ryan's standup was awful. His KO win was a quick bar room brawler flurry.

Renzo by far has the best technical standup of any gracie to compete.

Didn't Roger outstrike Jardine?

TheOneDylanThomas - 
RJJH - 

does Vitor count?

No, but out of curiosity, why would he? Does he have a close affiliation with the Gracies? Serious question; genuinely I don't know.

He was Carlson's student, and originally used the name "Vitor Gracie" with Carlson's endorsement. THis didn't bode well with the rest of the family, so he stopped.

HERTSWENIP - 
TheOneDylanThomas - 
RJJH - 

does Vitor count?

He was Carlson's student, and originally used the name "Vitor Gracie" with Carlson's endorsement. THis didn't bode well with the rest of the family, so he stopped.

Victor Gracie

It has been a while, but I believe that Carlson was even trying to legally adopt Vitor.

Back in the day there was a lot of talk about Vitor even before he fought Jon Hess, and everyone at that time called him Gracie.

Wasn't vitor also promoted to black belt before he should have been to help promote GJJ when he began fighting?

Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else? Phone Post 3.0

HERTSWENIP - 
TheOneDylanThomas - 
RJJH - 

does Vitor count?

Interesting. I never knew that. Thanks for the knowledge.

Crosley had "ok" < ------ air quotes standup and it was better than most of not all of the Gracie's. Phone Post 3.0

Wtf happened to the rest of my post?!

Crosley had "ok" standup. Air quotes. But it was still better than most if not all the Gracie's. Phone Post 3.0

Gracie stand up, is like watching two penguins pissing on each others feet.

Samoa - Crosley had "ok" < ------ air quotes standup and it was better than most of not all of the Gracie's. Phone Post 3.0
Crosley had so much potential. I wonder why he stopped fighting. I think Renzo spent a lot of time on his standup but it still wasn't great. Phone Post 3.0

"Carley hits like a truck!"

-Carley

Ralph can throw down.

Fabes -
Samoa - Crosley had "ok" < ------ air quotes standup and it was better than most of not all of the Gracie's. Phone Post 3.0
Crosley had so much potential. I wonder why he stopped fighting. I think Renzo spent a lot of time on his standup but it still wasn't great. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, Cros was the "evolved" Gracie......and then disappeared from the radar. Phone Post 3.0

HERTSWENIP - 
TheOneDylanThomas - Relative to MMA standards?

Ryan's standup was awful. His KO win was a quick bar room brawler flurry.

Renzo by far has the best technical standup of any gracie to compete.

And Renzo's standup made Matt Hughes look like Rob Kaman

Less than 10% of fights are won or lost based on flashy techniques like kicking and punching.

-- The Gracies

During the extreme fighting events they said Ralph was a golden gloves champ in brazil...probably not true but he threw some mean hands in his few fights. Phone Post