Has anyone been to Belieze? Centeral America.

Belize speaks English rather than Spanish so there wouldn't be a language barrier.

So what was it like when you were there?

Do you think you could make money there? Maybe rentals?

How costly was it there?

yeah they speak english but I was told spanish is really the preferred language

was there at a sort of eco resort - not sure about your other questions.

Not sure about the eco resort

I started looking at houses this week down there. Phone Post 3.0

well I was at a all inclusive place

I don't know the potential for rental properties

I don't know the cost of living, the resort was expensive.

when we went outside the resort it was very much like the rest of central america, cheap food, cheap drinks, etc

Once you've been to one Mexico you've seen them all.

Severnsmustache - I started looking at houses this week down there. Phone Post 3.0

Did you see a commercial on tv?

John McAfee lived like a King in Belize until the murder charge then he did a runner.

Have a friend who is coming home tomorrow from a 3 week trip around Belize... I'll get the details n report back Phone Post 3.0

I was there for 17 days last year. Beautiful place. Their currency is pegged to the dollar, two Belizean dollars to one US dollar. Most of the country is actually heavily forested, most people live along one main north south road. Belize is very diverse ethnically, and a lot of the mulatto population identifies more as a Caribbean people than central American. Real estate is selling like hot cakes, lots of expats live in Belize city. The country actually has a stable government and from what I was able to gather strong asset protection and property laws. The infrastructure outside of Belize city its not that great at all. I would not recommend living in Belmopan or anywhere up north like orange walk. Yes, English is the official language, but a lot of people speak a form of pidgin English at home, kryol. It its damned hot year round. Phone Post 3.0

I've got Torres in this fight, he definitely wins the WEC belt. 

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Have a friend who is coming home tomorrow from a 3 week trip around Belize... I'll get the details n report back Phone Post 3.0
He will return only in spirit. Phone Post 3.0

midgetfarts -
Severnsmustache - I started looking at houses this week down there. Phone Post 3.0

Did you see a commercial on tv?

No. Just want a place out of the country in a warm climate Phone Post 3.0

Beautiful place, I've only been once though, so I'm no help with the other info sorry Phone Post 3.0

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Have a friend who is coming home tomorrow from a 3 week trip around Belize... I'll get the details n report back Phone Post 3.0

dO YOU HAVE AN UPDATE FOR US??

midgetfarts -
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Have a friend who is coming home tomorrow from a 3 week trip around Belize... I'll get the details n report back Phone Post 3.0

dO YOU HAVE AN UPDATE FOR US??

He flew into cancun and was gunna head down to Belize after a few days there, but he met sum chicks and ended up traveling around mex with them. I got nothing beneficial for this thread... Sry I fail :( Phone Post 3.0

The mayor/governor lives in the f@cking ghetto. That should tell you something, if you want to go outside their province prepared to be anal raped by militia. It's funny you see all these new commercials for real estate down there. What people don't realize is that a ton of people in congress have purchased parcels of land down there, and are now trying to profit off of them. They just had a war down there and we sent military troops there. Do you really think you can go to a war torn country and live peacefully and safely? Your better off in Jersey. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Trust - 
baj54 - The mayor/governor lives in the f@cking ghetto. That should tell you something, if you want to go outside their province prepared to be anal raped by militia. It's funny you see all these new commercials for real estate down there. What people don't realize is that a ton of people in congress have purchased parcels of land down there, and are now trying to profit off of them. They just had a war down there and we sent military troops there. Do you really think you can go to a war torn country and live peacefully and safely? Your better off in Jersey. Phone Post 3.0

I've been hearing those commercials and have thought that does not sound right.

I did not know that there was a conflict there recently. A gal I know has a girl friend who goes down there and loves it.

baj54 - The mayor/governor lives in the f@cking ghetto. That should tell you something, if you want to go outside their province prepared to be anal raped by militia. It's funny you see all these new commercials for real estate down there. What people don't realize is that a ton of people in congress have purchased parcels of land down there, and are now trying to profit off of them. They just had a war down there and we sent military troops there. Do you really think you can go to a war torn country and live peacefully and safely? Your better off in Jersey. Phone Post 3.0

Militia? War torn? I was there last year (I'm in the military) and nothing you've stated about the security situation is even close to reality.

One thing which is true is that Belize is a major transhipment point for a drug trafficking. Small airplanes land on roads in Belize, SUVs pick up drugs and run them north to the Mexican border. They do this at night but they generally don't mess with the populace. The only thing Belize is really worried about is Guatemala because they still claim Belize as their territory.

My unit was down there on a humanitarian mission building schools along with medical and dental teams that provided free treatment to locals. None of us were armed at any time, the threat condition was low. Belize is not some sort of paradise, but it is MUCH safer than most central american countries.