Has anyone driven a new Accord 2.0T?

This is the Accord that basically has the same engine as the Civic Type R, maybe detuned just a bit, but it looks damn cool IMO instead of that fucking joke-mobile that is the Type R.

Has anyone driven it? How fun? I'm seriously thinking about getting one, stick. I was looking at a Fiesta ST (ala Passive Jay), as he, like so many others, talk about how fun they are. But can a stick 2.0T Accord be that much less fun? Its got way more power, is a turbo, it is supposed to handle and break badass, etc.

Part of the reason is a Fiesta ST is really kind of beneath me. I'm like a complete anti-slob, but my girl tells me everyone I know will laugh at me if I get a poor person's car like a Fiesta ST. And she says I'm too big for it - I'll look like Bigly Wigly (which she means the great big purple guy from that stupid cartoon that stands on that stupid little van or whatever and says "Beegly Beagly" all the time). In other words she says given my longness and built frame that car will look WAY too small for me and I'll look like a clown in it.

So now more and more I'm leaning to a 2.0T Accord, stick. But it HAS to be fun.

Thanks for any serious input!

1 Like

Fuck yeah.  Took one for a test drive in the manual and I really liked it.  Pretty quick and handled really well.  Some of the materials on the dash are questionable on the 2.0 sport in the manual but you lose the manual if you go up a model and get the soft touch.  Otherwise damn near perfect imo.  

you can get a Hondata tune for a $600 and get an extra 60hp. 

tetris - 

Fuck yeah.  Took one for a test drive in the manual and I really liked it.  Pretty quick and handled really well.  Some of the materials on the dash are questionable on the 2.0 sport in the manual but you lose the manual if you go up a model and get the soft touch.  Otherwise damn near perfect imo.  

you can get a Hondata tune for a $600 and get an extra 60hp. 

Fucking SWEET tetris, that is what I was hoping! You mean I cannot get a manual and the nice interior? I don't really care that much, its all about the fun, interior does not really bother me that much.

SIXTY FREAKING HORSEPOWER with just a $600 tune?!?!? That is INSANE! Thing would be a FREAK in the sack with that tune!!!

The auto trans seems pretty amazing. Coming from someone who always has driven Manual cars. With a type r turbo swap and bolt ons they make pretty good power and run 12's lol 

1 Like

LOL?

Vikingknee - 

The auto trans seems pretty amazing. Coming from someone who always has driven Manual cars. With a type r turbo swap and bolt ons they make pretty good power and run 12's lol 

So, you post as me perplexed a little Vikingknee.

First you say the auto trans is pretty amazing. But I want a stick. Is the stick NOT amazing? Or you just have not tried that one?

But then you talk about swapping in a r turbo swap and bolt ons. Isn't the turbo on the Accord 2.0T the same one on the Type R? I thought it was, just slightly detuned. They really used a different turbo? If so, is it so much worse that you have to swap it out to make it worth a shit? That would suck if so.

Thanks!

I test drove one.  The engine is great but the 6 speed is kinda soft.  Not what you would call a performance transmission.  And the interior was extremely underwhelming on the 2.0 sport.  Personally I would pass on the manual & go with the auto with a higher trim.

And is this a burn on PJ?  Lol

william795 - 

I test drove one.  The engine is great but the 6 speed is kinda soft.  Not what you would call a performance transmission.  And the interior was extremely underwhelming on the 2.0 sport.  Personally I would pass on the manual & go with the auto with a higher trim.

Like the 6-speed doesn't have that clean "snick-snick" feel? If you didn't care about the interior AT ALL, would you still go with an auto? Assume that was the only difference?

THanks!

william795 - 

Not at all, like I said, I was THIS close to buying a Fiesta ST, but my girl capping on me stopped me going further. But I still might lol!

Civic si or GTI or something would probably be more entertaining for you to drive.  Albeit teenagerish.  Not much options for 4 doors & stick now.  I just got rid of my 2018 GTI & probably won't ever have a stick again, sad as it is.

Image result for honda accord 2.0t

PwnedCakes -
william795 - 

Like the 6-speed doesn't have that clean "snick-snick" feel? If you didn't care about the interior AT ALL, would you still go with an auto? Assume that was the only difference?

THanks!

No it's pretty soft.  Longer throws & softer clutch.    I would go auto on a higher trim since you can't get a manual in higher trim.  I'd take the nicer interior over the transmission.  The auto is quite a bit faster too. 

PwnedCakes -
william795 - 

Not at all, like I said, I was THIS close to buying a Fiesta ST, but my girl capping on me stopped me going further. But I still might lol!

Translation - my whore mom didn't have enough ton her EBT for a down payment. 

Fuck off homoslice!

Go test drive one & report back what you think of it.  I'd be interested to hear.

No, but I have the 2019 1.5T auto.  Gets up and goes when it needs to

2 Likes
jcblass - 

Nice modern lines LOL

1 Like

This is far better looking

1 Like
william795 - 

Go test drive one & report back what you think of it.  I'd be interested to hear.

Will probably do that soon william, will do!!!