Has anyone else watched 1922?

Watched it the other day and and really liked. Thomas Jane is great. Out of all Stephen King movie adaptations it’s probably my favorite.

Great book, great film.

Well, wasn't really a book I guess. Novela.

War movie?

Stern - 

Watched it the other day and and really liked. Thomas Jane is great. Out of all Stephen King movie adaptations it’s probably my favorite.

I actually just watched it the other day.

I really like the acting and the setting. But honestly the story is about as mediocre as it gets.

Spoiler Alert:

Guy kills his wife and is like "haunted" by her covered in rats. Spooky i guess. Not really.

Altofsky -

Great book, great film.

Yes correct it was a novella

KingSchlong - War movie?

No

Stern - 
Altofsky -

Great book, great film.

Well, the novella was actually based on an unpublished stage play, that itself was based on an earlier poem written about a painting based on an old photograph.

shen -
Stern - 
Altofsky -

Great book, great film.

Well, the novella was actually based on an unpublished stage play, that itself was based on an earlier poem written about a painting based on an old photograph.

Interesting. Was not aware of that.

Stern - 
shen -
Stern - 
Altofsky -

Great book, great film.

Interesting. Was not aware of that.

Yeah, the old photograph is in the Nebraska History Museum.

--It depicts the re-enactment of a bit of local folklore from the region, which itself is beleived to be an adaptation of an ancient Poncas Indian legend.

Brockback Mountain -
Stern - 

I actually just watched it the other day.

I really like the acting and the setting. But honestly the story is about as mediocre as it gets.

Spoiler Alert:

Guy kills his wife and is like "haunted" by her covered in rats. Spooky i guess. Not really.

I think the story works within the context of this film and it’s themes. Just as far as dread and whatnot. The story is told from the unreliable narrator’s,Wilfred,perspective as he slowly descents into madness. So you’re not always sure what’s real and what’s not real.