Has anyone ever done business with family members?

I'm selling my sister a house right now as her realtor and I'm convinced that she is one of the worst human beings on earth.

Tell me your stories about dealing w family members and how you guys were afterwards. I'm pretty sure I won't come over for Christmas dinner at her new house. Phone Post 3.0

I've been burnt doing business with family just selling things. Good luck! Phone Post 3.0

It's the worst. Phone Post 3.0

Betwithme - What did she do? Phone Post 3.0
Had me show her properties 80k out of her price range
Second guess me every step of the way. Lie about the amount she has in the bank. Phone Post 3.0

All I do is family business. Everything we do we do as a family. You have to be a certain type of family with a certain dynamic to pull it off. It can be a roller coaster, but when you pull it off it's the most rewarding thing. Phone Post 3.0

I thought this thread was going to be about something else.

zips back up

Generally I try to avoid it, a good rule my dad taught me. The few times I broke the rule it was under very certain circumstances where I felt there was almost no way to damage the relationship and it worked out fine.

That being said I know people who have destroyed family relationships over business and money dealings.

demcat - All I do is family business. Everything we do we do as a family. You have to be a certain type of family with a certain dynamic to pull it off. It can be a roller coaster, but when you pull it off it's the most rewarding thing. Phone Post 3.0
I sold my other sister a few houses almost 10 years ago and they are still in one. Everything went smooth as can be. Phone Post 3.0

I've lent money to a family member, and once took a small loan from a family member. Both worked out fine. Phone Post 3.0

Betwithme -
anal seepage -
Second guess me every step of the way. Lie about the amount she has in the bank. Phone Post 3.0
Oh that doesn't seem too bad... I wouldn't call her the worst human being in the world...

She does sound like she's wasting your time though... Are you waiving your fees for her? Phone Post 3.0
I'm not going to paste the 70 page essays she writes me in text but yeah she's horrible. I'm contributing 5k toward her closing costs. Phone Post 3.0

Don't do it, it's awful. I'm a graphic designer so obviously everyone wants me to do stuff for them all the time. Even the simplest things turn into nightmares lol

Betwithme -
anal seepage -
Betwithme -
anal seepage -
Oh that doesn't seem too bad... I wouldn't call her the worst human being in the world...

She does sound like she's wasting your time though... Are you waiving your fees for her? Phone Post 3.0
I'm not going to paste the 70 page essays she writes me in text but yeah she's horrible. I'm contributing 5k toward her closing costs. Phone Post 3.0
Ok she could be an asshole but why don't you just politely tell her if she's not happy with your opinion she can find her own realtor? Phone Post 3.0
I tried to give her to another agent on the office but because of the contribution to her it's not worth their time. Phone Post 3.0

You'll have better results and less stress dealing with a local conman. Phone Post 3.0

Never, ever do it. One of my uncles took lots of money off my Mom. It ruined a ton of relationships. Phone Post 3.0

Literally just quit my job with my brother because he is the biggest cunt alive Phone Post 3.0

I moved across the country to go to college because my brother was moving there and asked me to move with him. I told him I couldn't afford out of state tuition, and he told me he would help me pay for my college because he was making great money.

I took student loans and when the repayment started I asked him to make good on his promise. He told me he never said he would help me pay for school. This was when I was making 30k a year and he was making around $120k.

Now, we live 10 blocks away from each other, my two kids are his only nephews. He has seen the older one (2.5 years old) maybe 10 times and the youngest (1.5 years old) three times. He came to my kid's first birthday party in May, the third time he has seen him, his nephew, and didn't even bring a present. He's a complete asshole and dresses like a hipster faggot too. Phone Post 3.0

Right Hand JO Power - I moved across the country to go to college because my brother was moving there and asked me to move with him. I told him I couldn't afford out of state tuition, and he told me he would help me pay for my college because he was making great money.

I took student loans and when the repayment started I asked him to make good on his promise. He told me he never said he would help me pay for school. This was when I was making 30k a year and he was making around $120k.

Now, we live 10 blocks away from each other, my two kids are his only nephews. He has seen the older one (2.5 years old) maybe 10 times and the youngest (1.5 years old) three times. He came to my kid's first birthday party in May, the third time he has seen him, his nephew, and didn't even bring a present. He's a complete asshole and dresses like a hipster faggot too. Phone Post 3.0
Sounds like my brother. I herniated 3 disks in my back on the 4th and haven't been able to work yet and he hasn't called me once. I bring that up to him and he says I'm entitled to my opinion but I'm wrong.

Then proceeds to tell me I probably hurt my back carrying the big chip on my shoulder. Phone Post 3.0

My mom took my life savings and never paid it back, I literally don't do anything over $20 with a family member now. Phone Post 3.0

anal seepage - I'm selling my sister a house right now as her realtor and I'm convinced that she is one of the worst human beings on earth.

Tell me your stories about dealing w family members and how you guys were afterwards. I'm pretty sure I won't come over for Christmas dinner at her new house. Phone Post 3.0

Doing business with family results in your user name Phone Post 3.0

O work in wholesale with my father and it's the worst shit ever. My dad is the most negative person you'll ever meet. Every deal we do he thinks we are gonna lose our ass and no matter how much money we make its never as much as he would have liked. Fucking lose lose every time. Phone Post 3.0