Has anyone had a friend go a little crazy?

I have a friend who has had a lot of serious things drop on him at once and now he has had an epiphany to basically go on a business quest which require him to do things the polar opposite of how he was before. He also can NOT get it off his mind at all. seems almost possessed overnight. Anyone experience this? Phone Post 3.0

IN early

A friend from high school ha some kind of nervous breakdown years ago. His housemates came back to find stuff written on the walls in his shit.
Another guy I knew went into an asylum (whatever the fuck they're called). He escaped one time and caught up with us. The use was fucking CRAZY. Talking about aliens controlling his mind, and all sorts of weird shit other people in there had told him. Last I heard he ended his life. RIP Justin. (I can't even remember if that was his name =[ ) Phone Post 3.0

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/152825-6/Druggie-arrested.gif Phone Post

ltr

Yes. Panic Attacks and basically became a hermit.

It happens as you get older. I don't think a lot of MH issues manifest until people are older (and under more pressure).

Nkow someone that was battling with depression. she just recently lost it completely. her sense of reality is warped she confessed to a guy, got rejected, and went over the edge soon after. convinced that the guy is her soon to be husband and that when she gets out of the psychiatric ward, they are going to get married and move somewhere together. shes not even 20. i just wonder if there is any hope for her now. shes classified as manic.

schizophrenia can appear like you've clicked a switch. I had a friend who on a skiing trip dissapeared. When he was found, he had rented a hotel room, and was sitting naked in it, with all the walls and windows tin foiled over, so aliens couldn't read his thoughts. He was a completely normal guy, and then he was off.

Guy my wife and i knew a guy "Ted" from elementary school was always wierd, we thought he had asburger or something. He was harmless but always into weird things, collecting bugs, drawing ninja turtles and dinosaurs, playing video games ...this went on until highschool.

I lost contact with him and havent heard anything about him in like 15years.

Then i get while checking out a mutual friends facebook page i see someone comment name "tina" + samelastname.

Tyrns out Ted was a hermaphadtye (sp), had full on hormone/sex change. All these youtube video showing his/her change.

If thats not wierd enough he is full on hard core religious/catholic. Making all the youtube videos predicting the future and how gays/lesbians will save the catholic church etc.

I showed it to my wife and we both felt bad for the guy Phone Post

Sex Chicken - 

schizophrenia can appear like you've clicked a switch. I had a friend who on a skiing trip dissapeared. When he was found, he had rented a hotel room, and was sitting naked in it, with all the walls and windows tin foiled over, so aliens couldn't read his thoughts. He was a completely normal guy, and then he was off.

Uh, no. Schizophrenia develops over a long period of time and has a clear prodromal phase.

What you are describing is more like a psychotic episode. Probably a brief psychotic disorder.

Yup - a friend I've known him all my life.

He was a very disobedient child and has always been an impulsive risk taker. He was expelled from several schools and got in trouble with the police from an early age. When he hit his teens he got into drugs. He abused recreational drugs quite heavily for maybe a decade and eventually ended up on heroin for a while.

During his teens and 20s he actually became quite a 'successful' actor (he's not famous) meaning he made making a good living from it.

However in recent years he's really changed. He's become utterly obsessive about all kinds of strange things and paranoid too.

I guess it's the drugs because although he was eventually
diagnosed as a psychopath in his late 20s that (AFAIK) wouldn't explain the obsessiveness and paranoia.

It's weird - I'm HIS friend but I don't think he's my friend exactly. People often ask me why do I give a f**k about him.

I always tell them it's because I'm NOT a psychopath lol

Eisenberg - 
Sex Chicken - 

<br />
Uh, no. Schizophrenia develops over a long period of time and has a clear prodromal phase.<br />
<br />
What you are describing is more like a psychotic episode. Probably a brief psychotic disorder.</blockquote>

You're crazy. You're typing like a crazy person.

Have a good friend who is bi-polar

Goes from completely normal, to off the rails manic. Sad really, very intelligent and caring guy. Last time I heard he was living in a storage unit.

Jacobmccrmck - I had a coworker who was a good friend eventually work for me after I moved up and he didn't. It took a few years but he snapped and I had to call the cops after he entered our building at like 3am for some reason setting off the alarm. Dude slowly lost it over the course of like 3 months and we were good friends so when I was able to get to the store like 20mins later the cops had him in handcuffs and were ready to take him to jail and I got them to let him go. Next day he got arrested for filing a false police report saying I broke in his house, which he was renting from my father-in law, and stole all his guns and money. I'm friends with the local police and they said he wouldn't even tell them his name or anything just that I had stole his shit. He ended up spending a few weeks locked up because of the way he was acting. It's been 2 years and haven't heard from him and never found out what his deal was if he was on drugs or off some kind of meds. Phone Post 3.0

Wow... that really sucks man. I don't have any stories about my past friends like that. For the most part most of my friends just never grew up, they are into the same things we were into when we were teenagers.. like show trucks/cars, stero systems, partying, etc. It's crazy to see your 30+ year old friends never growing up. Sad too. VU for your story man...

Sex Chicken - 
Eisenberg - 
Sex Chicken - 

<br />
Uh, no. Schizophrenia develops over a long period of time and has a clear prodromal phase.<br />
<br />
What you are describing is more like a psychotic episode. Probably a brief psychotic disorder.</blockquote>

You're crazy. You're typing like a crazy person.

Lol! Busted!

And VU for making me laugh.

Over the past couple days it's only gotten worse. He has become overly paranoid about everything. Almost to the point of feeling followed all the time. Not really sure what started it. He literally switched overnight and has been in this zone for four or five days now Phone Post 3.0

I have a relative that lost his job, wife, and kids all around the same time. He got really depressed and ended up going to a facility. He's never really recovered. He was fairly successful before but has been living with his sister or in shitty apartments for the last 20 years. Hasn't held down a decent job since.