Has anyone here tried Nutrisystem?

I've been thinking about giving it a shot. At the moment my schedule is very hectic and over the years I've put on 20 pounds that I'm having trouble shedding. I know programs like this aren't the long-term answer, but I need something that'll kick off the process. In the past, once I've had some success, it becomes much easier to keep pushing myself. Right now I just need something that'll kick-start the process.

So now I'm turning to the almighty OG to see if anyone here has tried it. If so, how were your results?

Yeah, I figured the food probably wasn't going to be great. Eating healthy is definitely the right approach, but I'm kind of struggling to stay on track due to hectic work schedule, job stress, etc. I thought this looked like an "easy" way to make sure I didn't cheat. What's the best way to go about this? Just cook a ton of chicken breasts and veggies and start bringing them to the office?

my GF dropped 50 lbs on nutrisystem.

i'm on it now. dropped 15 lbs in 1 month.

you need to try a bunch of the food to find what you like, but for me, i like the food. tons of pasta dishes, pizza, burgers, egg and turkey sausage on english muffin, apple pie, ice cream sandwich, french toast, pancakes . plus tons of snacks like a almond joy, snickers, etc.

thats the good. the bad is you're hungry ALWAYS.

the portions are really small. they give you 5 meals a day, you're supposed to eat 6 (you provide your own snack 1x a day...but they send you enough food to often enough to eat their snacks 3x a day.

the only way to feel satiated at all is to have a giant salad or something -

Z NEDCMK1 - 

I think the main flaw with nutrisystem is that it is not a diet you can stick with for the longterm.

What do you do when you lose the 20lbs? What then? Keep eating nutrisystem? It is not a lifestyle change that will help you maintain longterm weight management while being healthful.

A dietary change is something you should be able to maintain i the longterm.

I went with a lifestye change to eating plant based. It has been wonderful for my wife and I and we will eat like this for the foreseeable future. I can reccomend some resources if you would like.

Dr. John Berardi has a ton of really great info out there for healthy eating, and he has a lot of fans deservedly so. I would definitely look his way. He has an article floating around out there called "the 7 habits of a highly effective nutrition plan", it is worth a read, and his precision nutrition is worth every last cent. I followed his advice like gospel when I was boxing and it was fantastic. It is not a plant based, or vegan diet gtw.

My cousin is killing it with Paleo, but I don't know much about it.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. Any other resources you could direct me to would be awesome.

sreiter - my GF dropped 50 lbs on nutrisystem.

you need to try a bunch of the food to find what you like, but for me, i like the food. tons of pasta dishes, pizza, burgers, egg and turkey sausage on english muffin, apple pie, ice cream sandwich, french toast, pancakes . plus tons of snacks like a almond joy, snickers, etc.

the portions are really small. they give you 5 meals a day, you're supposed to eat 6 (you provide your own snack 1x a day...but they send you enough food to often enough to eat their snacks 3x a day.

Congrats on your progress. Do you feel this is something you could've accomplished on your own, without Nutrisystem?

dramatically reduce the refined sugar and refined wheat (gluten) in your diet. Aim for an 80% reduction and you will see results guaranteed.

robopimp - 
sreiter - my GF dropped 50 lbs on nutrisystem.

Congrats on your progress. Do you feel this is something you could've accomplished on your own, without Nutrisystem?

in my case, i have a medical issue that causes me massive pain just standing/walking...because of it, i want to make food as quick as possible.

so i was JUST eating sandwiches (which is why i gained all the weight...just fucking bread all day. all the nutrisystem stuff cooks in around a minute or two, so its perfect for me. that and the fact food shopping sucks ass for the same standing /walking issues, this shit is delivered to my door

i never had a issue with portions, just WHAT i ate. again, because of my health, i went from training 4-6 hours a day, to a 100% sedentary life. I dread even getting up to piss.

for those with portion control issues its great because you're only eating 200 salaries a meal

IMO, eating 1000-1200 cal. a day is kind of fool proof.

this was weigh watchers model for 40-60 years and there are all sorts of success stories there.

the food costs seem like they are the same or less as you'd pay doing weekly food shopping, so as long as you continue to buy their food, you can maintain the diet. you just have to deal with having a "i'm hungry" feeling for ever. i mean even after eating, you say fuck, i'm still hungry

if you need to go on a program where you are always hungry to lose weight, you will never keep it off. Eventually you will revert back to your old vices. You need a sustainable and sensible diet that you can live by.

I was on it years ago, so it may have changed. The food wasn't too good, although the red sauce pastas were pretty good. It did not have to be refrigerated, so it was easy to keep at the office.

The big problem I had with it was that the ONLY reason to be on this plan is that it should be a no-brainer; here eat this and nothing else. But they made you suupplement the meals with vegetable, salads, etc. If I wanted to cook, I wouldn't be on your stupid plan!

I do think that keeping a few weight watcher meals in the freezer at work is a good way to stop going out for lunch and getting a big full meal.

Damn, some good info in this thread. I'll have to read everything thoroughly after work. I really just need to find a system that works for me and that I can stick with. I've tried low carb, cutting calories, etc. but in the end I always revert back to my old eating habit. I know it's an issue of self-control, which is why I'm searching for something that I can actually live with.