Has Brock reached the point where takedown = win?

Peoria Athletic Club - NO ONE is going to out wrestle Brock OR keep him from taking you down.... the guy that is gonna beat Brock is gonna be a BIG guy with some serious BJJ skills... unfortunately the UFC doesnt have a guy like that... if there even is one out there...

His name is Werdum. Dana cut him because he knows what you know.

Who else can stop Brock's shot? Motherfucker Herring and Couture have already done it. Couture did it twice. Cain can do it no problem.

Lesnar's WWE Fans overhype the fuck out of this guy. Most likely if Couture fought Lesnar again, Couture would win.

RJJH - 
flesheatingbull - 
Fillups422 - Yes, if Brock gets ANY opponent to the ground it's over.

I have said for a while that Cain would be the guy to beat Brock, but after the Carwin fight, I don't think Cain will be that guy.

The guy that'll beat Brock is a guy that isn't in the UFC yet. Not saying Overeem or Fedor...just someone unknown at the moment.

your an idiot.

YOU'RE.

if you're going to insult someone.... get it right.

FUCK YOU, FAGGOT!

Peoria Athletic Club - NO ONE is going to out wrestle Brock OR keep him from taking you down.... the guy that is gonna beat Brock is gonna be a BIG guy with some serious BJJ skills......

wasn't that Mir?

Jack Skellington - 
Peoria Athletic Club - NO ONE is going to out wrestle Brock OR keep him from taking you down.... the guy that is gonna beat Brock is gonna be a BIG guy with some serious BJJ skills......

wasn't that Mir?

There are better BJJ black belts than Mir- Werdum and Gonzaga for instance. Nog as well, but he is winding down.

I would be very interested to see what Werdum could do from the bottom.

Werdum has the best BJJ in MMA right now. At least the HW division.

Roger Gracie needs way better hands and a lot more fights to be considered.

KirbyLovesTacos - Who else can stop Brock's shot? Motherfucker Herring and Couture have already done it. Couture did it twice. Cain can do it no problem.

Lesnar's WWE Fans overhype the fuck out of this guy. Most likely if Couture fought Lesnar again, Couture would win.

you're so smart

Not sure he'd even bother taking down Werdum, who has a suspect a chin. If he did he'd probably stay tight like he did against Mir and just overpower him with control.

I think he'll be able to takedown Cain but don't think he'll beat Cain. I like Cain to make him work hard getting takedowns and staying on top that he'll eventually tire himself out, allowing Cain to take over.

yeah, honestly. That kind of weight combined with that kind of training...? yeah. But, it's the heavy hands of the heavy weights that should be the deciding factor there.

LambertCFMMA - Not sure he'd even bother taking down Werdum, who has a suspect a chin. If he did he'd probably stay tight like he did against Mir and just overpower him with control.

I think he'll be able to takedown Cain but don't think he'll beat Cain. I like Cain to make him work hard getting takedowns and staying on top that he'll eventually tire himself out, allowing Cain to take over.

You really think 235 pound Velasquez is going to wear out 285 pound Lesnar and not the other way around?

"Lesnar will take you down, get on top of you, and wear himself out. That's your cue to take over." Sure, assuming Cain isn't unconscious or on queer street by the time Lesnar tires out.

The illogical knots that people will tie themselves in, all to predict Lesnar's next loss. 285 lb Lesnar, who has never appeared winded, even after three rounds on top of Herring, will tire himself out - on top - while wrestling with a guy with who is giving up 50 pounds and isn't as accomplished a wrestler on paper.

Really? People really believe that? I have a really nice bridge and a three-legged donkey if you're interested. Sweet deal.

The biggest threat to Lesnar is someone with a wicked guard.... like Werdum, or someone with brutal kicks/punchs who can avoid Brock's takedowns.

Will Cain be the latter? Hard to say.

wufwugy - christ some people are so dumb

shane himself said that he couldnt even move his legs. nuthuggers wont admit it, but brock tackled and subbed somebody who could barely even move

If Shane expended that much energy to prevent Brock from imposing his will, it's shows that Brock is a force.

Nonlinear - The illogical knots that people will tie themselves in, all to predict Lesnar's next loss. 285 lb Lesnar, who has never appeared winded, even after three rounds on top of Herring, will tire himself out - on top - while wrestling with a guy with who is giving up 50 pounds and isn't as accomplished a wrestler on paper.

Really? People really believe that? I have a really nice bridge and a three-legged donkey if you're interested. Sweet deal.

we should hang out

canuck34 - I'm not sure yet. Hard to judge by the Carwin fight because when Brock got Shane down Shane was already spent with no gas left in the tank.

I would say, though, that if you end up with Brock on top of you the chance of a good outcome would be very small.

This

MirkoK1 - 
canuck34 - I'm not sure yet. Hard to judge by the Carwin fight because when Brock got Shane down Shane was already spent with no gas left in the tank.

I would say, though, that if you end up with Brock on top of you the chance of a good outcome would be very small.

This

Id have to agree as well pretty much. Its still premature to say its game over considering how gassed Carwin was and even though Mir can be a dangerous BJJ guy, he has shown that he can be taken out on the ground too.

And it would have been nice to see Werdum stick around for this very reason.

I really think Werdum has a GREAT chance of submitting Brock from his back. I'd bet on Werdum.