Has Joe Rogan lost credibility after Ronda's loss?

Frank23 - Has UFC lead analyst Joe Rogan lost credibility with his coverage of former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey?

Quote:
"She's not just a once in a lifetime athlete, she's a once ever," Rogan said on UFC Tonight.

I understand respecting an athlete or a fighter. However, I think that he went way too over the top and it morphed into something different. What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW0Uvu3IMv0

UFC's Joe Rogan says Ronda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79931187/

His mind is in as good of shape as his hairline.

I think Ronda was a special case for Rogan. I've never seen a grown ass man so enchanted by a woman before. She beat up a woman who was an accountant four years prior and he almost cried, twice! 

I'm not a big fan of the guy but he does normally know what he's talking about when it comes to fighters, that's of course when he's not doing UFC promos where every fighter is the best fighter on the planet.

pud12 - 
StrikingMMA - Yes, I think he lost a lot of credibility over his Ronda hype. Even before Ronda lost it was obvious he was blowing hot air in a lot of stuff he was saying. Somewhere along the lines of announcing with Goldie he slowly became Goldie.

"Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of Jiu Jitsu!" --Goldie

Is that a real quote about Lutter?

Mike Goldberg says it @ 1:53-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNONEybk6fw

epwar - 

I've always known Joe to be a bit loose with the hyperbole.  However, after UFC 190, he took it to a level where you can't deny his credibility was not only stretched to new levels, but completely shattered.  When I heard him say Ronda had "elite striking" after the Bethe win, my jaw dropped.  After that, he went all in.  It was rough to hear.

This is being generous. Rogan's a ZUFFA tool. Any "credibility" Joe has comes with Dana's approval.

Credibility with who? The dunces on the UG? Phone Post 3.0

Are people just searching for things to get outraged about? lol

The Sultan - I felt like he lost some credibility with that whopper. Unreal to me that he was saying she could beat men lol. Jesus i cringed everytime i heard that. Phone Post 3.0
Ya that did it for me ...testosterone my friends....unbeatable Phone Post 3.0

Let's admit it, we all expected Ronda to win and win with an armbar. What we saw
On Saturday, was spectacular.

Fact is Ronda paved the way for women to enter the octagon and fill a 56k record attandece. Phone Post

Lots of us got caught up in the Ronda hype. He went bonkers w the best female athlete nonsense but I think he's just an emotional guy. I'd be surprised if he was motivated by some UFC propaganda mandate. Phone Post 3.0

Rogan has a pretty phenomenal understanding of the sport and I will take a goofy comment now and then in exchange for his enthusiasm and charisma. Phone Post 3.0

Can't lose what you don't have bro. Phone Post 3.0

The 50% of guys thing already did that. Phone Post 3.0

He lost his cred a long time ago when he went full shill mode for Dana.

Rogan has always been biased when commentating, normally talking up one fighter whilst totally ignoring the other fighters offensive. UFC needs a real play by play commentator like they have in most legit sports.

I take the hyperbole as more of a yank thing. Phone Post 3.0

Chomas - He lost credibility after Alpha Brain IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Was there some shady controversy over Alpha Brain or do people just not think the product is legitimate? I'm sure Joe thinks it's a completely legitimate product because it affects acetylcholine levels. Phone Post 3.0

not at all. he's a color commentator, not a fight analyst. anyone who would bet money based on what the voice of the ufc hype machine says is a fool. Phone Post 3.0

listen i'm loving how the reality check is crushing Ronda right now just like most people that got tired of getting what we all knew waS bullshit crammed down our throats. Karma is a bitch

but first of all, NOBODY could have predicted what happened saturday. While many knew she sucked badly at boxing (those that weren't kidding themselves) you can't say with any shread of honesty that you expected what happened to go that way.

now, yeah I was sickened by Rogan's crying about Ronda, and how he seemingly put the blinders on. But no, he absolutely did not lose credibility. he called that fight honestly, and fairly and did NOT lean on Ronda during the fight at any point.

he did his job, incredible well, just like he always does.

You want to know what lost credibility? the sport of MMA. The repercussions from this are going to be far reaching. The sport already has trouble with credibility due to the WWE style way its managed. but now the entire planet just watched what everyone in the industry touted as the untouchable get beaten like an amateur.

did Rogan lose credibility? not even close. in fact, i have gained a little respect back from what i gave awaY during the ridiculous 'crying'.

he did a very good job calling that fight and did it honestly. the sport lost credibility, not the announcer.

darkness66 - not at all. he's a color commentator, not a fight analyst. anyone who would bet money based on what the voice of the ufc hype machine says is a fool. Phone Post 3.0

Color commentator and lead analyst are virtually the same thing.

Rogan believes one day that some genius will be able to download our subconscious when we die and transfer that into a fucking robot, like In Chappie, lol. He truly believed It's inevitable that this will happen, and It will happen sooner than later. I love Joe, but he's a loon sometimes with he's conspiracy theories. Don't believe half the shit he says.