Has the Paleo diet been discussed yet?

I know little/nothing about it. Apparently, you eat only what a caveman would eat.

Fad diet or legit?

I think that most of us know how we should eat. We just don't. Lots of veggies and fruit, moderate grains and lean meat. Keep cakes and stuff for special occasions. Drink lots of water. If you're fat, eat less, if you want to put on weight, eat more.

Paleo is decent, but I think it's reasoning is a bit off.

"Apparently, you eat only what a caveman would eat."

But we aren't cavemen. /thread

-Drama

I hear frying things in bacon grease is allowed. That sounds encouraging.

Never heard of it. Phone Post

PeteyWheatstraw - I hear frying things in bacon grease is allowed. That sounds encouraging.
Yes but you can only fry it outdoors over an open flame. Phone Post 3.0

I lost over 40lbs on it.

Dunno if it was the diet itself, or just the act of following a diet, but results are great. Phone Post

PeteyWheatstraw - I hear frying things in bacon grease is allowed. That sounds encouraging.

Cooking is allowed?

If your goal is to set your body in a ketogenic state and burn fat, yes it works. I don't know about paleo but I once monitored my ketones with keto strips on a diet I guess is similar and went below 10% body fat.

I do this. Basicall just eat whoel unprocessed foods that could be found by either hunting or gathering. 

I dont see how bacon falls into Paleo. I dont think cavemen had nitrates. Bacon and deli meat should not be included in this diet. 

Eggs, Fish, chicken, beef, lamb, Nuts, berries, vegetables, fruit. Try to eat as much raw as possible. I usually just cook my vegatables that I have with dinner and eat the rest of them raw. 

I lost 35 pounds eating nothing but shoe leather and poontang. Phone Post

I'm writing a paleo dating book called "Club Her Over The Head and Get That Ass" Phone Post 3.0

It sounds kind of cool. The word itself, I mean.

"Can't eat that, I'm on paleo." Sounds way cooler than "I'm on the Atkins diet."

Atkins infers fat fuck, paleo sounds more hardcore.

I started it twoo weeks ago. I have good results but it could be because I cant eat ANYTHING on it lol. So no calories...so results are skewed. I like the premise though of not eating grains, cutting out suagrs etc.

fad diet, but nothing wrong with that.  If it gets you eating better then go for it.   A lot of people here are on it I think as there have been threads in the past

william795 - I think that most of us know how we should eat. We just don't. Lots of veggies and fruit, moderate grains and lean meat. Keep cakes and stuff for special occasions. Drink lots of water. If you're fat, eat less, if you want to put on weight, eat more.

people people like to feel smart, cutting edge, and they are in on a secret. Simple common sense, logic, and reasoning don't give people these feelings. 

the william795 diet will never sell any books

Just putting an official sounding name on your diet probably helps. Makes you feel more committed to your health. "I'm gonna watch what I eat" probably doesn't carry much weight with most people.

Isn't the dolce diet paleo? Phone Post

william795 - I think that most of us know how we should eat. We just don't. Lots of veggies and fruit, moderate grains and lean meat. Keep cakes and stuff for special occasions. Drink lots of water. If you're fat, eat less, if you want to put on weight, eat more.
Pretty much Phone Post 3.0