Has the PFL overtaken Bellator?

Seems like there’s more hype around them in general, with the exception being the LHW tournament in Bellator.

1 Like

I have not seen the hype that you are talking about.

Are you talking about the Underground?

Bellator would still be ahead if they were on cable tv & not Showtime IMO.

The PFL tournament format is definately more interesting.

1 Like

No. Bellator is still the 2nd best then PFL. PFL does a poor job at marketing. If it wasn’t for the UG I would never know when they are on.

• On a SideNote: I’m speaking on North American promotions.
2 Likes

No, they’re not even close.

I enjoyed PFL last night more than Bellator tonight… so if that’s your metric, yes.

Otherwise, no.

1 Like

The tournament format allows for some pretty cool upsets to happen.

IMO this season of PFL is a huge step up from their previous seasons. I have watched every card from the very first prelim fight to the main event. I am really enjoying the tournament format and the fact that each year they are getting better and better talent. In 5 years or so, their lineup will be stacked.

1 Like

Not even close!!!

They both are failing hard at advertising

1 Like

True. What happened to the One TV deal anyway? Think it was on TNT…haven’t seen it in awhile.

I have not watched a single Bellator since it was no longer free on TV

2 Likes

Overtaken in what way? LOL.

kayla harrison vs cindy dandois is going to look like a 30 year old man vs a 7 year old girl fighting eachother.

What a retarded mismatch

PFL definitely needs to work on signing new talent/bigger names! I really likes the first season but the second was terrible! Hate to admit as a wrestler…but I don’t watch Schulte or Palmer’s fights… Boring lay n pray :slightly_frowning_face:

PFL is gaining serious ground on Bellator for sure. PLS’s finished product is a little less polished than Bellator, and the commentary has room to grow. I think that PFL will surpass Bellator in the US by the end of 2024.

1 Like

Conor Mcgregor Lol GIF by UFC

3 Likes

Not a chance. Maybe some day if they keep there homegrown talent but that’s a big if.

They ran a short season of it (like 4 events). I’m not sure if it was a one season deal or not.

Not sure where you live OP but most people have hardly heard of Bellator let alone PFL…

I was talking to one of the amateur fighters at my gym and said, “Oh did you see what XXXX did at PFL last week?”

He goes, “What’s PFL?”

1 Like