Has there ever been two interim belts at one time?

Welterweight is currently held by an interim title holder.
Bantamweight will have an interim title holder at UFC 148.

We also could be seeing an interim title in the Middleweight division.

Have things ever been this screwy? Hopefully there will be some good fights, and things get shaken up from all of this. Phone Post

Nogueira and GSP were both interim champs for a month until St-Pierre beat Serra at UFC 83.

Shit if silva really is injured we might have 3! Phone Post

Interesting cooincidence with the UFC recently adding medical insurance.

They might as well go full retard and offer "International Championships" and "Television Championships" as well.

DJLastCall - They might as well go full retard and offer "International Championships" and "Television Championships" as well.

Intercontinental and Hardcore IMHO

I still want to see tag team titles and I'm not even kidding. That belt would be perfect for guys like Rich Franklin who are really good, but stuck in a division with a super dominate champion.

Sandy Pantz - I still want to see tag team titles and I'm not even kidding. That belt would be perfect for guys like Rich Franklin who are really good, but stuck in a division with a super dominate champion.
Lol there are lots of people in that division who can beat rich Franklin....koscheck would be a better example Phone Post

Fuck it, strip all champions and set up 16 man tournaments for all divisions.

WW on the verge of having Interim Interim praticually Phone Post

Might as well be 100 interim titles if the interim champ is gonna fuck around until the champ is better. Look at the WW division...the contenders don't even know who to call out.

"(insert name) is the next in line for a shot at the next in line for the interim champions title and the next in line for a title shot. OOPS, looks like the next in line decided to wait for the next in line position to challenge the next in line for the interim belt to be next in line for a title shot, after the interim belt holder fights for the unified belt, since he's next in line."

Nate Diaz has secured a position for a title shot after the Frankie Edgar rematch (sigh) but by the time that happens, several other LW contenders will have won their fights and Nate will be in the back of peoples minds since he will not have fought since the Miller fight. Then it will be all about "Diaz doesn't deserve it, (insert name) beat (insert name) last night so HE deserves the shot. yada yada yada

They need to stop promising title shots to every fighter who gets an impressive win.

Handicap belts. 2 on 1, Anderson & Vitor vs Chael.
Gym belts. Blackhouse vs Jackson, ATT vs AKA.
Battle Royale. Best of 20. 4 in a cage at a time.
Open weight. Aldo vs Jones.