Has Tito always been injured?

On the Best Damn Sports Show yesterday he said:

"One week and two days left till I get in the octagon. This fight will be a great one. I feel confident and ready to go to war. This will be one of the toughest fights I have fought in a long time. I am in great shape and no injurys for once. "

I thought he said he was injury free when he fought Chuck and Cote.

Cote he was injured right before he went out their.He wsa jumping around and warming up and Ricco got close and he rolled his ankle on Ricco's foot so he was not 100% but went out and dominated a good fighter.Not sure about the Chuck fight but he did get a thumb in the eye which means your not healthy when that happens.It may not have made a big difference but you never know.

He's probably referring to those little nagging injuries which fighters often have which are hard to shake off, like shoulder problems, knee problems, elbow problems.

well didn't he get hit by a bus a while back?

It must suck to train for a fight then right before hand get hurt.

Before the fight he is 100% but if he loses, he always remembers an injury that he has.

hes still got like 2 weeks to get injured

Before his fight with Metzger (before the stroke), Tito told MaxFighting that for the first time, he was injury free.

Does he have any lurking injuries? I know his knee was messed up before he fought Ken.

From what I remember, since his winning the belt he has been hit by a bus, had knee surgery, had a broblem with his hand, and was injured for the Cote fight.

Cote fight? You mean landing on Ricco's ankle?

His ankles are FUBAR (Why he's so adamant about running 3 miles on concrete, I have no idea), and he had/has a herniated disc. I have those things in common with him, and I'll tell you, it's hard to do a lot of things with those conditions, let alone train for a big fight.

LOL @ "hes still got like 2 weeks to get injured"

Who had a stroke?

Mezger did. Although it wasn't actually a stroke, it was close.

"Cote he was injured right before he went out their.He wsa jumping around and warming up and Ricco got close and he rolled his ankle on Ricco's foot so he was not 100% but went out and dominated a good fighter."

LOL! That's a joke, right?! Gimme a break!!

Bottom line: Several fighters always talk about being injured after they lose. All of them are con artists. Tito is absolutly one of them. He's NEVER mentioned the injuries he always claims after his fights before he gets in the ring.

"Several fighters always talk about being injured after they lose. All of them are con artists. Tito is absolutly one of them. He's NEVER mentioned the injuries he always claims after his fights before he gets in the ring."

Not only is this in violation of the terms of service(LOL at you saying to Tito that he is a con artist)but it is just a dumb statement.

Here, let me spell it out: Pretty safe to say that if you have an injury that,while not severe enough to keep you from fighting ($), is bad enough that your opponent could capitalize on it if they know about it. Why would you spell out a problem BEFORE the fight? That would be stupid. It doesn't mean that some fighters don't exaggerate the extent or influence of injuries after the fact,but to assume they should discuss them ahead of time is naive in the extreme.

Oviously, I was not implying that fighters should say "My knee hurts" before a fight. That fact is Tito comes out after each loss or poor performance with an excuse as to why he lost, and it's always an injury that no one was aware of before the fight. Saying "I lost a totally one-sided fight because of an injury that I would't even have mentioned if I won" is a punk thing to do.

Sorry if you don't agree.

Tyson owns pre-fight injuries:

Tyson: I came into this fight with a major back injury

Interviewer: You seem to have no problem with Black Rhino, what was wrong?

Tyson: I broke my back.

Interviewer: What specifically was the injury?

Tyson: I think its spinal.

Thats the just of it but someone who knows it word for word should post it exact. It was PRICELESS seeing it live.

I remember seeing that live too! Tyson is the all-time quote KING!

lol. GREAT quote. Sounds like something Kevin Randleman would say.

LOL! I remember "I think it's spinal"... That's funny.