Hate to say it, but if Cap vs Iron

If Cap and Ironman throw down it is very unlikely that Cap could win.

Ironman is the most underrated character, but he's a powerful mofo. Especially now with Extremis shit running through his system. Also, he's beaten up Cap before.

Cap is my favorite character, but honestly and logically he shouldn't be able to win a one on one fight with Ironman.

Sure he can - just throw a bottle of cognac at him :-P

He'd probably go after Tony first and beat his ass while he's out of the armor.

"Cap is my favorite character, but honestly and logically he shouldn't be able to win a one on one fight with Ironman."

And Batman shouldn't be able to take out the JLA, but bad writing is bad writing.

Cap's gone underground. I highly doubt there will be a one on one where the situation is written realistically. C'mon people it's a comic

Well, Batman took out the JLA after a long time of planning and without the JLA ever suspecting that might happen.

Ironman and Cap know they might fight, so Ironman will not put himself in a spot where he could lose.

"Well, Batman took out the JLA after a long time of planning and without the JLA ever suspecting that might happen."

Superman gave Batman the means to kill him. You don't think the fact that Batman could go apeshit has crossed his mind?

Well, Supermans not exactly known as the brightest bulb in the box

A better fight would be Conan vs Iron Man.

Actually, Superman has super intelligence.

I agree with Invincible.

However, it was nice to see Namor hand Iron Man his ass.

Superman may have super intelligence, BUT he is smart like physics major with the 4.3 GPA that can't figure out how to light a match.

LOL, heat vision. He's not that stupid.

Check out Civil War #1

"Check out Civil War #1"

I never used to be a huge Cap fan, but over the last year I must say this has changed. With Brubaker's run and Ultimate Cap, I have to say Civil War is the icing on the cake. Like another thread said, whatever side Cap is on you know is right. I loved the whole thing with S.H.I.E.L.D. Cap rules!!!

"Seriously, it is for my nephew. Doesn't mean I'm not going to read them before I give them to him though! "

A family friend did a similar thing for me when I was young. He saved for me the issue of the avengers where they find Captain America in a block of ice, and gave it to me when I was 5.

Was that issue worth anything?

"Was that issue worth anything?"

Nah but you should send it to me...I'll give you $5 plus shipping