Hatton Sells 55,000 tickets for his Fight

At the City of Manchester Stadium for his fight with Juan Lazcano. Event a sell out.

I reckon he could sell out an 80,000 fight at Wembley.

It sold out within hours too. People often ask why UK boxers don;t always fight in America, but there isn't another Country on Earth that can match our numbers of paying drunk people. Like my esteemed colleague said, if it was at Wembley, then that would have sold out too, at 80K plus.

No idea how the fight will turn out though. Back at 10st he should do alright. But I haven't seen Lazcano fight before, so can;t make a genuine prediction.

In a superstition prediction, he has the fat kid in his corner this time, so Richard should win via some sort of looping punch.

"People often ask why UK boxers don;t always fight in America, but there isn't another Country on Earth that can match our numbers of paying drunk people."

Tis true. Hatton could have sold a lot more as well.

Hatton was talking of fighting in front of 100,000 in Croake Park, dublin, as the pitch there is bigger than wembley.

Anyway I shall be badgering my local pub to show the Hatton fight tonight as I do not have Sky.

I'm glad it's on at 10:30.