Have any cool tiki bars where you are?

Guy I know in my town who owns a couple hugely popular spots is opening one this fall. Been telling him for years I want a tiki bar so I can recreate scenes from goodfellas. I'll take credit for idea

I know it's been retro popular in the last few years and I've heard of places like three dots and a dash in Chicago.

Would you hit up a place on the regular or is it novelty ?
https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/best-tiki-bars-in-america-thrillist-nation Phone Post 3.0

The Waldorf in Vancouver has a vintage tiki bar that has survived since the tiki craze, it has been re-no'ed but thankfully not changed too much.

Nah, just the typical lazy beach bars. No shoes and tables made from surf boards

The marina I tend bar at has one. There is another on a different lake I fill in sometimes. They're a lot of fun. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome. I love Tiki bars. Phone Post 3.0

ribz - Awesome. I love Tiki bars. Phone Post 3.0
It's the guys who own nosh/slab plus guy who owns bramhall so basically it won't suck Phone Post 3.0

At one time I was a regular at the original Tiki Ti on Sunset.   Uncle Ray was the main guy at Don The Beachcombers in the 50's before going on his own and opening up Tiki Ti.  He pretty much invented all the drinks that are popular at any Tiki Bar in the world.   His sons & grandson now run the place and it's still cool as ever.

Here here for the tiki ti! Used to frequent the place quite a bunch when I first moved out here. Barneby (sp) the door guy and I used to talk shop a lot, he used to train all the way down at the raw gym in el segundo. Beware ray's mistake!!

Girly -
ribz - Awesome. I love Tiki bars. Phone Post 3.0
It's the guys who own nosh/slab plus guy who owns bramhall so basically it won't suck Phone Post 3.0
Cool. Can't wait to see it.

I've always dreamed of opening an awesome tiki bar with Palm trees, tiki head carvings and water fountains and shit. Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias - I live on a polynesian island, so the whole place is basically one big tiki bar. It's great.
Not to get too off subject. But my plan was to head to key West for the winter.

What's it like trying to get a job and find a place to live there? Phone Post 3.0

I live in South Florida. They are all over. There is a local place in Ft. Lauderdale, called the Mai-Kai. It was recently voted the best Tiki Bar in the world. Google it. Phone Post 3.0

Hala Kahiki Tiki Bar in River Grove IL. Right down the street from Gene & Jude's, the best hot dog joint in the Chicagoland area Phone Post 3.0

awesomestprime -
Tiresias - I live on a polynesian island, so the whole place is basically one big tiki bar. It's great.
Not to get too off subject. But my plan was to head to key West for the winter.

What's it like trying to get a job and find a place to live there? Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha key west ain't no Polynesian island if that's what you're asking. Phone Post 3.0

Wife and i went to islands last night... Yes its a chain... Burgers werent bad Phone Post 3.0