Have Evangelicals turned on Trump?

He committed adultry. That's a broken Commandment! Surely, they cannot tolerate something so vile. They wanted Bill Clinton strung up. So surely they must want the same for DJT. No?

lol no

Flavorful -

He committed adultry. That's a broken Commandment! Surely, they cannot tolerate something so vile. They wanted Bill Clinton strung up. So surely they must want the same for DJT. No?

yeah. that whole thing with clinton happened 20 years ago. Our society has become incredibly desensitized to such things since. 

They aren't equivalent situations.

Evangelicals are big on forgiveness.

Hypocrisy just means someone's twice as likely to agree with you. It's also the lamest way to attack a politician. There's way more than enough to attack about Trump to never even think about this kind of bullshit.

ufc98newb -
Flavorful -

yeah. that whole thing with clinton happened 20 years ago. Our society has become incredibly desensitized to such things since. 

Yeah, adulterous behavior was a relatively new idea then.  Its much more mainstream and common totday.  Lol. 

Of course they have. Just like they did when "Grab her by the pussy" tape broke...oh wait they still voted for him around 90%.

BarkLikeADog - Evangelicals are big on forgiveness.

For Republicans.

"In 2011, 30 percent of white evangelicals said that 'an elected official who commits an immoral act in their personal life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties in their public and professional life.' Now, 72 percent say so — a far bigger swing than other religious groups the poll studied."

"There is no way to know what caused these shifts. That said, it's difficult to see this outside of the context of the 2016 election, and in particular what role Donald Trump — fending off allegations of sexual misconduct — plays in it."

https://www.npr.org/2016/10/23/498890836/poll-white-evangelicals-have-warmed-to-politicians-who-commit-immoral-acts

ufc98newb -
Flavorful -

Every day the OG manages to surpise me at the lengths people will go to avoid any criticism of their dear leader.

No because the alternative would be far worse for their cause. 

Evangelicals never really got on board with Trump because they thought he was a moral man, or that his personal life was in line with evangelical views.

They got on board with Trump because they believed that Trump would give them respect as a political force, and that he would at least listen when they spoke.

EFM -
ufc98newb -
Flavorful -

Yeah, adulterous behavior was a relatively new idea then.  Its much more mainstream and common totday.  Lol. 

LMAO

I don't like Trump, but geez you're getting as bad as Pedro and other leftist tards .

fastnotch331 - I don't like Trump, but geez you're getting as bad as Pedro and other leftist tards .

Except on threads where I get called a Trumptard. 

Flavorful -
fastnotch331 - I don't like Trump, but geez you're getting as bad as Pedro and other leftist tards .

Except on threads where I get called a Trumptard. 

What threads ? And if it's Pedro, average , or the usual suspects I wouldn't take it serious . They've all called me a white supremacist and I'm a native (I do have a white wife ,and kids are half ) so consider the source of the insult .

Scythrop - 
BarkLikeADog - Evangelicals are big on forgiveness.

For Republicans.

"In 2011, 30 percent of white evangelicals said that 'an elected official who commits an immoral act in their personal life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties in their public and professional life.' Now, 72 percent say so — a far bigger swing than other religious groups the poll studied."

"There is no way to know what caused these shifts. That said, it's difficult to see this outside of the context of the 2016 election, and in particular what role Donald Trump — fending off allegations of sexual misconduct — plays in it."

https://www.npr.org/2016/10/23/498890836/poll-white-evangelicals-have-warmed-to-politicians-who-commit-immoral-acts

It's almost as if they aren't sincere in their beliefs, and that American Evangelism is just a weak excuse for nutty tribalist bullshit. Almost.