Have to have my gall bladder removed.TME por favor

It's time to get this thing out. I've had these waves of pain in my lower abdomen. Went to doc. I had this HIDA (sp?) scan. It's some type of nuclear scan that checks gall bladder and liver function. My gall bladder function is at 20%. Anyways, I've had to miss too much work and life events as a result. My liver is becoming inflamed and the enzymes are elevated (if that makes sense).

The pain is excruciating at times. I have to meet with a gastroenterologist ASAP to get an a surgery scheduled.

Are any other OGers gall bladder-less?

Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0

Not much to say. They usually do it as minimally invasive as possible. Your belly will probably shut down for a day or 2 after. Maybe a 2-3 day hospital stay. You will return to full normal capacity after. I dont think the pain is too bad, and it is a relatively simple surgery.

Get it done. Will only be worse otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

My old man is a GI Doc, and according to him they pretty much just stick tubes in you and suck it out with a vacuum these days.

A buddy at work had his out a couple weeks back, ill ask him Monday, he diddnt miss much work Phone Post 3.0

Song2 - A buddy at work had his out a couple weeks back, ill ask him Monday, he diddnt miss much work Phone Post 3.0
Good lookin out. Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Wife had hers removed last summer. Its a breeze. She was in and out in about 4 hours. The use a scope so you will have three or four small little incisions where they went in. She was a little bit sore but nothing major in regards to recovery. She had it done on a friday and was back at work monday. Its such a easy procedure now. It's honestly easier than getting your wisdom teeth pulled. Don't sweat it, you'll be fine.