Have you learned new skills or accomplished any...

Have you learned new skills or accomplished anything while on this quarantine?

I am on day 89.

Got much better at MLB The Show 20

I am a Certified Contact Tracer from Johns Hopkins University.

I’m puttin cases on all you bietches.

I’ve been working full time still but have worked on lessons for Access, VBA,  Python, and guitar. Getting a little burned out though since a lot of my time has been spent doing this stuff plus a couple big work projects. 

panic686 - 

I’ve been working full time still but have worked on lessons for Access, VBA,  Python, and guitar. Getting a little burned out though since a lot of my time has been spent doing this stuff plus a couple big work projects. 

Working full time too.

The first two months, March and April, I was pushing 60+ hours a week. It was pure mayhem. I didn't think I would make it (as in quit or burn out).

May has been more quiet.

I learned some new cooking skills, kicked up my pasta and burger games a few notches, my chicken butchering skills are 10/10.

I got through some huge milestones on some writing projects I have been working on.

1 Like

I started a degree online in March, the timing was really fortunate. Thank goodness I’m 2 classes away from being done, online school sucks… but it is magnitudes better than regular school.

1 Like
CuddleBug - I started a degree online in March, the timing was really fortunate. Thank goodness I'm 2 classes away from being done, online school sucks... but it is magnitudes better than regular school.

Nice. What are you studying?

Screw WEBEX and ZOOM and CVR and all this virtual meeting crap.....get me back to the office already.

1 Like

Working full time - or at least getting paid for it while fucking off plenty while at home. 

Had extra time to teach myself lockpicking, buy and use a new road bike and learn some new cooking skills.

That was about it. Back in the office now. 

Zned -
panic686 - 

Working full time too.

The first two months, March and April, I was pushing 60+ hours a week. It was pure mayhem. I didn't think I would make it (as in quit or burn out).

May has been more quiet.

I learned some new cooking skills, kicked up my pasta and burger games a few notches, my chicken butchering skills are 10/10.

I got through some huge milestones on some writing projects I have been working on.

Similar situation with the work hours. When this started going down I was one of the peoe reading through the PP stuff and helping with getting everything in order for resources for employees in general and the layoffs. Work hours were crazy. Finely tapering down but getting into useful lessons now (python manipulation of csv, PDFs, etc) so wanting to push through some stuff. 

Skills acquired include hanging wallpaper, orienteering with a real map and real compass, removing a treestump with shovel and digging bar, and I've learned I have a very high alcohol tolerance.

Zned - 
CuddleBug - I started a degree online in March, the timing was really fortunate. Thank goodness I'm 2 classes away from being done, online school sucks... but it is magnitudes better than regular school.

Nice. What are you studying?

It’s a Masters in I.T. Management.

Been working on my foreign language skills 

I wish legit online degrees were self paced.

I hate having to show up for a scheduled class.

forumnewb -

Yeah I’ve done a couple online that were self paced. They are amazing. The normal course is 36 hours (12 weeks x 3 hours) but when you take the online version they just had all the material up for each and it was 3 assignments you could submit anytime during that 12 week period. Literally just spend 1 day working backwards through the material from the assignments and submit all 3 and you’re done. Instead of dragging it out over 3 months. It’s like 8-10 hours vs 50 hours (when you add in travel and time spent on assignments). Such a massive waste of time when you probably learn pretty similar amount. They stopped doing self paced ones around 3-4 years ago for that program though and now pace it same as regular with mandatory weekly online So stupid.  

I haven't learned anything. I am wasting away. I have no motivation to do anything. Thankfully I am still getting paid. 

I’m working more than ever. It acutally sucks.

Learned to rip a deck of cards in half.

I have learned how to edit using IMovie. It is a powerful little piece of software.

Also went down the rabbit hole of gun channels on YouTube.

Jayn200 - 
forumnewb -

Yeah I’ve done a couple online that were self paced. They are amazing. The normal course is 36 hours (12 weeks x 3 hours) but when you take the online version they just had all the material up for each and it was 3 assignments you could submit anytime during that 12 week period. Literally just spend 1 day working backwards through the material from the assignments and submit all 3 and you’re done. Instead of dragging it out over 3 months. It’s like 8-10 hours vs 50 hours (when you add in travel and time spent on assignments). Such a massive waste of time when you probably learn pretty similar amount. They stopped doing self paced ones around 3-4 years ago for that program though and now pace it same as regular with mandatory weekly online So stupid.  

Do you have links to those online self pace courses?

I want to check em out.