Hayek detested many conservative views

Yep, Joseph Hayek, the economist conservatives love to reference, had a deep distaste for many parts of conservatism.

He wrote a 1960 essay, "Why I am not a Conservative" that details this. Next time some right winger mentions Hayek, refer to this essay and note some of the following quotes.

Here is the FRAT: conservatives are scared of change, unable to work with folks with different views, willing to see state power used to compel the 'right' results, and unable/unwilling to accept facts/data that challenge his rigid positions.

Libertarianism seems designed to avoid many of these conservative flaws.

conservatives “lack the courage to welcome the same undesigned change from which new tools of human endeavor will emerge.”

the conservative “has no political principles which enable him to work with people whose moral values differ from their own for a political order in which both can obey their convictions.”

“The conservative does not object to coercion or arbitrary power so long as it used for what he regards as the right purposes.”

“By refusing to face the facts, the conservative only weakens his own position.”

Come on titty! Phone Post 3.0

Haha amazing first response. Phone Post 3.0

That's a bait and switch OP. Not cool thank you papasmurf for saving it.

great fucking pics!

VinegarStrokes - 

That's a bait and switch OP. Not cool thank you papasmurf for saving it.

not really.

unless one thinks Hayek and conservative views are somehow related. Certainly not my intent....

EazyG - Yep, Joseph Hayek, the economist conservatives love to reference, had a deep distaste for many parts of conservatism.

He wrote a 1960 essay, "Why I am not a Conservative" that details this. Next time some right winger mentions Hayek, refer to this essay and note some of the following quotes.

Here is the FRAT: conservatives are scared of change, unable to work with folks with different views, willing to see state power used to compel the 'right' results, and unable/unwilling to accept facts/data that challenge his rigid positions.

Libertarianism seems designed to avoid many of these conservative flaws.

conservatives “lack the courage to welcome the same undesigned change from which new tools of human endeavor will emerge.”

the conservative “has no political principles which enable him to work with people whose moral values differ from their own for a political order in which both can obey their convictions.”

“The conservative does not object to coercion or arbitrary power so long as it used for what he regards as the right purposes.”

“By refusing to face the facts, the conservative only weakens his own position.”
In extremes they are both wrong. The best way is a balance of both, somewhere in the middle. And also, there are other very important issues in life than just human social issues. I place environment equal to anything else in the big picture pecking order. Phone Post 3.0

Boo you op,
Yeah papa smurf!!

BradGluckman -

This, and the dance in From Dusk Til Dawn always pop in my head when i hear Hayek

https://33.media.tumblr.com/f8e7e4d15c3edd1447b2e88986d70afd/tumblr_mz17cuIjlx1redlc0o5_500.gif Phone Post 3.0

papasmurf24 - 

There can be only 1 Hayek

Yup, she's got my vote.