Headed To Destin, FL Today...TME

Taking the family on vacation to Destin for 7 days.  I've heard good things about the place, but I'm a little concerned that it won't be warm enough (low to mid 70's).  Any tips for my trip? 

Mcguires Irish Pub - Irish Wake

Haven't been back East in a few years. Never really hung out in Destin. I always preferred Panama City. Phone Post 3.0

Destin is too crowded now. We go to Ally's Beach which is about 30 minutes away.

The weather should be great ,Go to destin Harper and rent a a boat,waverunner etc..eat at Aegean Greek Restaurant,take the family to the outlet,there is a big outside mall with pass pro shop,check that out as well,drive to seaside city where they film the Truman show,the kids and the wife will have a blast Phone Post 3.0

Dirty Dick Slater - Destin is too crowded now. We go to Ally's Beach which is about 30 minutes away.

I thought going during off peak season would eliminate some of the crowds.  I've only been to clearwater (not sure how it got it's name) and Orlando for a vacation we took 3 years ago.  I have 4 kids (ages 1,3,5,7) so they may limit what we can do.  I am taking my sisterinlaw with us in exchange you watch the kiddos one day while I take my wife to do something fun...not sure what yet.

The weather is shit today, its pouring, so the beach is out. It is supposed to get better but its FL, the weather changes every 5 minutes.

McGuires is always good. How old are your kids?

Parents go there every winter. Love it. Navarre (sp?) Beach is where they took my son to go look for shells. Awesome outlet mall. My kids loved it, in February and it was 60 outside. Phone Post 3.0

The Gulfarium will be fun for the kids.

Destin commons has a few nice shops and Bass Pro. So it works for everyone.

The outlets in Destin will keep your wife happy. They have a Coach shop that usually has very cheap prices for purses, which will work very well since your wife will love you forever.

Boat rentals are pretty expensive unless you have a big group, check groupon.

Goofy golf is always fun. Its just up Eglin Blvd.

What are you guys into?

Here now. Fucking rain Phone Post 3.0

Adam588 - Here now. Fucking rain Phone Post 3.0

That sucks.  We are stopping half way and staying in hotel.  Won't be there till saturday.  Is the water cold?  I just called Luther's Rental and I think we may use them to rent a couple of WaveRunners unless we find a better deal.  I was really hoping to get some 90 degree weather but I also don't want to pay the in season rates.

If you don't mind me asking, what resort did you choose?  We went with the Destin West Beach and Bay Resort...I hope it isn't a dump.

Harborwalk, Mcguires, the track, gulfarium is ok, head out to 30A if you can.

Harborwalk on a Saturday has lots for kids Phone Post 3.0

Crashdt - The Gulfarium will be fun for the kids.

Destin commons has a few nice shops and Bass Pro. So it works for everyone.

The outlets in Destin will keep your wife happy. They have a Coach shop that usually has very cheap prices for purses, which will work very well since your wife will love you forever.

Boat rentals are pretty expensive unless you have a big group, check groupon.

Goofy golf is always fun. Its just up Eglin Blvd.

What are you guys into?

My kids can have fun almost anywhere.  Hoping to hang out at the beach mostly so they can be as loud as they want.  The gulfarium sounds fun...and expensive.  Trying to keep this on a tighter budget since it was an impromptu trip.   I've heard of people getting condos for $50 but I don't feel like doing time shares.  I was able to score one for 6 days for $550 which I thought was pretty decent.

Can't go wrong with cheap buckets, shovels, and sand toys

Full day at the beach will wear the kids out Phone Post 3.0

I stayed at Destin West 2 yrs ago with 3 kids they loved the lazy river! Condo we had was awesome. You on bay side or gulf? Have to cross bridge to get to beach its a bit of a hike with small kids and all your stuff. Phone Post 3.0

Grimm1 - I stayed at Destin West 2 yrs ago with 3 kids they loved the lazy river! Condo we had was awesome. You on bay side or gulf? Have to cross bridge to get to beach its a bit of a hike with small kids and all your stuff. Phone Post 3.0

We are on the bay side.  Yeah I'm not looking forward to marching my little army to the beach.  I live in Texas so I hope that 73-75 degrees in Florida doesn't feel like freezing to me.

30A...That is all Phone Post 3.0

I was going to drive to a place an hour from Destin to let my wife swim with dolphins but I don't think the kids would want to sit around and wait and I"m not paying $175 for 20 minutes for more than one person.

Had a great time two 5 yr olds never got out of lazy river. Took them into the bay water was nice and shallow and caught them a bunch of hermit crabs. Went to the water park there also and had a blast. Phone Post 3.0

Eat breakfast at the donut hole. Get the red velvet donut. Phone Post 3.0