Headmovement

Trained tkd since I was a kid etc then started bjj , been doing boxing now but where I go it's just a case of pad work etc then sparring, trying to get 1 /1 tips is tricky as the place is so busy ,and seriously never heard head movement mentioned in all my years doing tkd( I'm a black belt ) any 1 give me any experience on how to better my head movement , drills etc ,any info appreciated Phone Post

jabomalotahedmubment

Meohfumado - jabomalotahedmubment

Interesting that's what I thought!! Phone Post

Just realised there's a boxing forum Doh , mod could you move this please!! Phone Post

whatthefuckareyoutryingtosay?

Ocean6 - whatthefuckareyoutryingtosay?

Nothingbutimgladthefuckinggrammerpoliceusherewhatthefucktookyousolongbitch!! Phone Post

i heard of a drill where u keep your hands behind your back and have your buddy throw shots at u, u try to make him miss with bob n weave. head gear recomended

ranier wolfcastle -  i heard of a drill where u keep your hands behind your back and have your buddy throw shots at u, u try to make him miss with bob n weave. head gear recomended

That's dumb...why not just practice with your hands up and work slipping.... Phone Post

I didnt start to get it (even with trainers coaching me and working it in with mitts) until I started to spend a ton of time on blocking/slipping/counterpunching drills.

I really enjoyed them, so I spent a lot of time with them. It's pretty easy to get somebody welse to do them with you, especially at a gym with other beginners; everyone needs to work on their defense, and it's physically/psychologically easier than sparring (you don't have to deal with the whole "nobody wants to spar today cause it sucks getting punched in the face" thing).

I credit the Mayweather style mittwork for making my head movement second nature. You just have to drill it over and over until your body knows what to do without your brain having to tell it.