Healthy 28 Year Old Athlete Dies of Covid

“28 year old young healthy athlete dies from covid. He was not in an at risk category.”

Thats what the news says. I mean, very sad for him. I’m not saying this to be a dick, cause my heart goes out to everybody dying from this shit. However, look at him. He is clearly overweight. That is the common theme I have been seeing from this whole ordeal. If you are tremendously overweight, you are higher at risk. We all need to lose weight and stay sharp.

![](upload://z7jZUqIrqQltq0GxjaWNmOaH1V1.jpeg)

1 Like

Not necessarily. His BMI may be within acceptable ranges.

1 Like
WikiTheWalrus -

Yeah, if he's 11 feet tall. 

7 Likes
WikiTheWalrus -

lol. absolutely no way in hell. 

1 Like
WikiTheWalrus -

There is 0% chance his BMI is anything other than overweight.

3 Likes

quite honestly, healthy 28 year old athletic types will die from this. just as they die from pneumonia, flu, etc. but it's rare. and because of that, you can bet it will be in the paper when it happens. 

Yeah thats unfortunate. I hate the media so much right now. the reporting is fucking awful. 

Here is typical media reporting "400 people died yesterday from covid-19 The youngest aged 20 year old..... blah blah blah some sad story for 1000 words"

Me looking at the data:

Pre Existing Condition

Age        Yes   No

0 - 19     0       0

20 - 39   3       0

40 - 59   28     4

60 - 79   146   9

80 +       203   7

Not saying it isn't sad... but holy fuck the picture the media is trying to paint is not supported by the data. Young people are not dying on mass from this, they are barely dying at all. The media is being manipulative by reporting the total death figure and the age of the youngest fatality in the same sentence. While it's technically correct, it's extremely manipulative and gives people the wrong impression. I constantly am hearing about how deadly this is to young people from regular people out there who are just listening to the media and not looking at the actual data. 

1 Like

By the way that 400 death toll figure in my example is made up but the distribution of deaths by age and pre-existing conditions is based off the actual real distribution as reported by the UK government. Only 5% of deaths do not have a pre-existing condition and only 1% of deaths are from those under 60 without a pre-existing condition. Furthermore only 0.1% of deaths are from those under 40 without a pre-existing condition.

1 Like

Covid19 hates fat people and is very fatphobic.  it is also racist if you listen to intersectionality SJWs.

Horus2001 -

Covid19 hates fat people and is very fatphobic.  it is also racist if you listen to intersectionality SJWs.

Yes. Does anyone know where I can look at a dataset with any type of weight or bmi figures? 

Jayn200 -

Yeah thats unfortunate. I hate the media so much right now. the reporting is fucking awful. 

Here is typical media reporting "400 people died yesterday from covid-19 The youngest aged 20 year old..... blah blah blah some sad story for 1000 words"

Me looking at the data:

Pre Existing Condition

Age        Yes   No

0 - 19     0       0

20 - 39   3       0

40 - 59   28     4

60 - 79   146   9

80 +       203   7

Not saying it isn't sad... but holy fuck the picture the media is trying to paint is not supported by the data. Young people are not dying on mass from this, they are barely dying at all. The media is being manipulative by reporting the total death figure and the age of the youngest fatality in the same sentence. While it's technically correct, it's extremely manipulative and gives people the wrong impression. I constantly am hearing about how deadly this is to young people from regular people out there who are just listening to the media and not looking at the actual data. 

A few weeks ago I was seeing headlines that would have normal healthy 30 year olds (like myself) think that I would likely die of a stroke if I caught covid. The fear mongering is unreal. 

ABCTT_Kenny Blankenship -
Jayn200 -

Me looking at the data:

Pre Existing Condition

Age        Yes   No

0 - 19     0       0

20 - 39   3       0

40 - 59   28     4

60 - 79   146   9

80 +       203   7

A few weeks ago I was seeing headlines that would have normal healthy 30 year olds (like myself) think that I would likely die of a stroke if I caught covid. The fear mongering is unreal. 

Yeah.. I understand I would think the same as well probably. I am only naturally skeptical because I work with data on a daily basis at an advanced level so I know how much manipulation goes on. Of course this is in the business world, I would hope there is much less of it in scientific fields but this is mostly the media doing this kind of reporting and they are probably even worse than what I get to experience. 

Jayn200 - 
Horus2001 -

Yes. Does anyone know where I can look at a dataset with any type of weight or bmi figures? 

Around here I  just watch the news.

Any time the show a healthcare worker, policeman, or fireman dying of the rona, they are always fat people.

1 Like

Sumo wrestlers die very young on average due to their life s t y l e, especially compared to the average Japanese person.

1 Like
Jayn200 -

Me looking at the data:

Pre Existing Condition

Age        Yes   No

0 - 19     0       0

20 - 39   3       0

40 - 59   28     4

60 - 79   146   9

80 +       203   7

hey jayn, where'd you get that data set?  that should be talked about more.

edit:  found some good stuff here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

WikiTheWalrus - 

BMI is a nonsense number.

Brockback Mountain -
WikiTheWalrus - 

BMI is a nonsense number.

it’s a guideline for the average person.  most people are more average than they think.  there’s a reason insurance companies use it to price life insurance - on average, it’s pretty accurate…

1 Like

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/ This is just UK Data. 

BMI is not the best metric but it's better than weight because at least it's in relation to height. It's widely used because it's very easy to calculate and height and weight data is already typically collected. There are better metrics out there of course but I don't think they're as accessible. 

SpunQ -

Jon Wu sang , 28 from Japan was a healthy 5ft 2inch male weighting in at over 220kg this gentleman was in perfect physical condition.

My condolences.

Isn’t that 400+ lbs. 

im guessing some O lineman in nfl would be amazing athletes but at risk as well. 

androb -
SpunQ -

Jon Wu sang , 28 from Japan was a healthy 5ft 2inch male weighting in at over 220kg this gentleman was in perfect physical condition.

My condolences.

Isn’t that 400+ lbs. 

im guessing some O lineman in nfl would be amazing athletes but at risk as well. 

Anyone see karausa (sp) lately. Maybe he made corona virus to weed out the husky fats and kill off the older home owner so he could swoop in for big win in lemuresque fashion