Hearn: Nate vs Canelo Possible

In the months since his last bout, the Stockton native has teased several different opportunities. In October, he showed up to Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva and got into a fight with the YouTuber’s team. Diaz also recently teased that he could sign to RIZIN.

Nonetheless, a clash with ‘The Problem Child’ is now off the table as he will be boxing with Tommy Fury. With that in mind, Diaz is currently opponentless for a possible boxing debut. However, the UFC legend could have some great management to guide him in his new field.
Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn revealed on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani that he’s been in discussions with Nate Diaz. The boxing promoter noted that the former UFC title challenger requested to fight Canelo Alvarez. While Hearn didn’t say the bout is in the works, he also didn’t rule it out either
“It was just a friendly conversation to say, ‘What are you thinking?’ And Nate Diaz’s mindset is, ‘I want to fight Canelo Àlvarez.’ And who knows?” Hearn said. “It’s very difficult to give Nate Diaz a shot in a Canelo Àlvarez fight. But again, Nate Diaz can box. I’m not saying he’s going to compete with Canelo Àlvarez.” (h/t MMA News)

He continued,“But he’s got a big fanbase and I think there’s a fascination behind seeing these guys do something different. It’s the unknown. What’s going to happen?”

“At least with [Francis] Ngannou against AJ you’ve got two huge punchers where something could happen. I have no idea. What if Francis Ngannou came out and they traded up and he knocked Anthony Joshua out?”

Canelo will pick apart Diaz pretty easy imo
He hits very hard for a guy his size & elite boxing :boxing_glove:
Diaz is a tough SOB & I’m sure he would make $$$
Diaz will get worked but I’d love to be wrong

1 Like

Canelo would treat Nate how Rock treated the hanging sides of beef.

Alvarez by first round knockout

1 Like

Hahhahahaha

How stupid.

Atleast this would be a massive payday, much better than the bare knuckle boxing rumor.

Boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya has extended an offer to Nate Diaz.

Oscar De La Hoya, 49, is an American boxing promoter and former professional boxer who competed in the sport for 16 years, from 1992 to 2008. De La Hoya won 10 world titles in six weight classes. Oscar also established a boxing promotional firm, Golden Boy Promotions, Inc. in 2002 which is based in Los Angeles, California.
Nate Diaz (21-13 MMA) last fought in September of 2022 when he defeated Tony Ferguson (25-8 MMA) via a fourth-round submission at UFC 279. It was the last fight of his UFC contract, making the Californian a much sought after free agent.
In an interview with ‘MMA Junkie‘, Diaz’s manager, Zach Rosenfield made the following comment regarding what’s next for Nate:

“You will see Nate competing multiple times in 2023, and that will include boxing.”

Continuing Rosenfield said:

“Nate is going to be looking at the biggest fights possible. He has stated that completing the trilogy with Conor McGregor is something that interests him, and that has not changed.”

De La Hoya still coked up I see

1 Like

Thats a much better match-up for nate to showcase his level of capability.

Canelo walks right through him

1 Like

If nate fights like against conor, Canelo gonna break his face

This would be embarrassing to watch. Please don’t do this.

1 Like

No Doubt