Heater clicked on for the first time today.

in denver, it was 97°F on Sunday and 32°F this morning.  heat clicked on when my house hit 67°F.

anyone have theirs on yet?  winter is coming although it's supposed to be 71°F on Friday.

where do you guys keep your thermostat at in the winter?

In the winter usually from 69 to 71.

I’m an hour north... it’s freezing!

not turning on the heat though... the cold feels good. Looking forward to sleeping cold.

Turned mine on this morning. GF turned in the gas fireplace. Feels good. 

I keep it at 67°. GF keeps it at 71°. 

winter is when i thrive. back when i was single, i was happiest when it was 55 degrees in my house

in fact, the last couple years before i got togther with my wife, i owned a little one bedroom house that i restored and had MAD spray foam insulation in. i'd gotten the hookup on leftover product on jobs from a friend. every time they'd get done for a while, i'd go pick up the trailer and blow whatever they had left whereever i thought it would do some good.

i wouldn't hear the system kick on for days. the sun would help warm the place up with radiant heat in the daytime and, unless it was below freezing for multiple days in a row, it would never cool off enough at night to cool the house enough to need the furnace.

now that i'm a married man with kids, we have a compromise. i'll suffer being hotter than i like in the summer when my discomfort saves us money but the rest of the house suffers in the winter being colder than they want for the same reason. i feel like they win because they can just put on a layer of clothes and be fine. i can't fucking sleep half the summer because these lizards like it so warm.

The Fuck is a heater?? I dont remember the last time i had mine on.. desert life

Snowed here yesterday, clear blue and 72 today. Supposed to get to the 30s tonight.

1 Like

I normally keep mine at 65-67. 63 when sleeping

EFM -

in denver, it was 97°F on Sunday and 32°F this morning.  heat clicked on when my house hit 67°F.

anyone have theirs on yet?  winter is coming although it's supposed to be 71°F on Friday.

They're saying you fuckers are going to get snow and possibly quite a bit. It got down to 55 degrees here in Kansas City today.

GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -
EFM -

They're saying you fuckers are going to get snow and possibly quite a bit. It got down to 55 degrees here in Kansas City today.

possibly up to 10", just like your mom.

I’m in Fort Collins and I haven’t turned the heat on yet, I refuse!

Gotta love the smell when the heater comes on for the first time in months. Ugghhhh

70 year round

I live in Louisiana.  It will be 2 months before I turn it on

I love sleeping in the cold. 

My AC runs non stop all summer and I do everything I can to not run the heat all winter. 

Nothing better than getting in a cold bed and warming it up.

1 Like
Trust - I grew up in a house without air conditioning and now live in a house without a (working) furnace. 97 to 32 that fast is nuts.

A few years ago we went from -25 to 65 in 2.5 days.  90 degrees!

Denver has some crazy diurnal temperature swings.  30° in a day is common, especially in the summer which can be very pleasant, 90s during the day, 60s at night.