Heath Herring Needs To Learn How

To strike. He has very little standup skills with the exception of some low leg kicks.

He needs to grow some hands or he will not be a factor soon.

the top guys really hurt heath standing

"He needs to grow some hands or he will not be a factor soon."

He isn't a factor now.

If his standup hasn't gotten better with Golden Glory I don't see who else can help him. He's been there a LONG time and hasn't progressed too much.

"If his standup hasn't gotten better with Golden Glory I don't see who else can help him."

You might be right. Too bad, because he is exciting. But MMA is passing him by. You need good hands now.

As Bas pointed out, if he'd stop looking at the ground when he punched he might actually hit something.

His standup actually looks worse than it used to.

Still he has managed to beat some big name fighters on limited skill and his size alone.

I have never been impressed with Herring but when you look at his record you know he has to be tough. I just don`t see him as ever becoming champ .

Herring got some huge wins based on toughness and agression. His skills need to improve or else he won't be able to hand with the big 3 in Pride.

Heath should kickbox for a year that might help.

Heath needs to change his gameplan.

Like someone said, he used to win with power and agression, and now it seems like he's trying too hard to be a precision kickboxer.

Maybe a new team is what he needs. I could be totally wrong but another GG team member that doesn't really box well is Alistar, his knees are deadly but his boxing is not great. Heath isn't built for fly knees and such that the GG team seems famous for. Instead he should focus primarily on Boxing.

I don't think Heath should work on his striking first... Heath shows more potential as a grappler IMO especially with is size and movement.  IF he hooked up with another team for grappling, it would do wonders IMO...

You can't learn to be powerful. Heath just doesn't have a great deal of power in his hands. No change of team will change that.

He should change his style. His muay thai isn't going to get any better, he'd be better served to go back to the States and try to improve his wrestling. He's got the size and strength to be a good GnP fighter.

Heath has some bad habbits he's gotten into. He looks
down when he punches. And when he shoots takedowns he
reaches out with his arms so when someone sprawls on
him, he can't back out...he just falls of his face.

He needs to work on improving his technique.