Heavybag workout suggestions?

I'm looking for some good heavybag workouts that I can do in about 30 min. in order to warm up before continuing on with the rest of my workout routine.

I have a heavybag set up but not a lot of room (no high kicks). I'm looking for a boxing workout and a muay thai workout routine.

I have a timed buzzer mp3 for my ipod so I can keep track of rounds (although I'm always looking for different ones).

Any suggestions, oh ye denizens of the UG?

IrishFighter110 - for me I do 10/12 3min/5min rounds. blast some tunes. work on form, combos and footwork. throw from the inside and outside.
I agree with everything except for the rounds (unless you want to be or are a fighter).

My workout: hit the bag until failure. Then do it again when you recover. And repeat.

As far as fighting goes, I've already had two and plan on fighting at least once more (most likely in the summer).

Watch Paquieo videos and try to mimmick it for twenty seconds before finally loathing yourself and giving up.

Thats my routine at least

Here's an article from Rossboxing.com called Intensifying The Heavybag .

Ross has a lot of good intense, quick, efficient workouts on his site.  Hope it helps...

Open to suggestions? How about...
RD1: Basic Punch Combos (think form/technique)
RD2: Continuous body weight squats
RD3: Punch Combos + Kicks (think form/technique)
RD4: Continuous Pushups - Start doing crunches when you can't do any more (or 1 minute pushups, 1 minute crunches, last minute pushups)
RD5: Punches + kicks + sprawls. 1-1-2,round kick,SPRAWL! 1-2-3,outside front leg kick,SPRAWL! (give this rd some intensity!)
RD6: Skip Rope
RD7: Punches + kicks (think footwork, head movement, fluidity)
RD8: skip more rope!

Under 30 minutes, Keeps the blood pumping, not too much to think about.

^^^I like that, I think I'll give it a try...always looking for something new. Although I think if I do 3 minute rounds I'm not getting out of the 2nd.

Thanks for the tips guys. Keep 'em coming!

You've had a couple of fights, and plan on having another... so get your coach to tell you what to do.Work on what needs to be worked on. If you don't have room for kicks do you have room to move?R1: swing the bag, just work foot work and covering up, weaving (not ideal with the heavy bag but it doesn't sound like you've much choice), push the bag every now and then and keep the lead hand out there finding your range.R2: Check that you are keeping your heels off the floor, chin down, hands high, lead hand finding range, doing good foot work and angles and add in jab and cross.R3: Check that you are keeping your heels off the floor, chin down, hands high, lead hand finding range, doing good foot work and angles and add in hooks and upper cuts.R4: Check that you are keeping your heels off the floor, chin down, hands high, lead hand finding range, doing good foot work and angles and add in knees and checks/crushes/blocks whatever you call them.R5: Check that you are keeping your heels off the floor, chin down, hands high, lead hand finding range, doing good foot work and angles and add in elbows.R6: Check that you are keeping your heels off the floor, chin down, hands high, lead hand finding range, doing good foot work and angles and add in more head movement, you are NOT doing enough, make better angles off your feet.R7: Check that you are keeping your heels of the floor, chin down, hands high, lead hand finding range, doing good foot work and angles and make sure you are working upstairs/downstairs - throwing combination of punches (upstairs) and knees/kicks (downstairs) and back up.R8: Check that you are keeping your heels off the floor, chin down, hands high, lead hand finding range, doing good foot work and angles and realize that your heels were on the floor, your chin was up, your posture sucked ass, your hands where on your chin, and your foot work sucked, but you still ploughed into the bag developing bad habits.Get a gymboss.

And don't work the bag for your fitness, dont fatigue so much that your skill goes to shit and your punching badly.

Its all about the sharpness.

WrestlingSucks - Watch Paquieo videos and try to mimmick it for twenty seconds before finally loathing yourself and giving up.

Thats my routine at least

Get the Bas Rutten audio tapes, they have dictated combinations in a set of ten rounds, 2 and 3 minute versions, and boxing, kickboxing, mma and all-around versions.

It pushes you and it's non-boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PY3KVJSDo4

This guy's technique is a bit ordinary but you get the idea.

Sweet 16.

Tabata heavy bag punches (8 sets of 20 seconds all out 10 seconds rest, total 4 minutes)

Tabata squats

Tabata heavy bag punches

Tabata pushups.

enjoy

Excellent! Thanks for all of the input. Next week will be grueling!

drive heavy bag to the desert and run with it while carrying it over your shoulder.  Drink Xyience.  Then go to the nutrition store to buy more xyience and tell them "the iceman sent you!"

ttt

I tried gogojeffa's routine two days ago but instead of jumping rope (ceiling's too low) I did jumping jacks. The blood was pumping and I couldn't think about much by the end!

I'm going to try something else (maybe pe0's) tomorrow.

i pick combos 1-2;1-2-3;1-2-kick etc...pick a few that you wanna work on and throw 10, then move on to the next one, thats the warm-up...then like someone else said GET THE BAS TAPES i use em prolly 5-6 days a week, best investment ever...anyway, i usually do some combos to warm-up, then do the bas thai boxing tape where you just throw the combo he calls and add a knee/kick at the end...this will help alot with ur combos, youll really notice it after workin it for awhile then sparring