Helicopter prices. TMA

How much is a basic helicopter? New vs used?

Don’t really care about mileage, mostly for hobby going vertical. 

Don’t go cheap.....

1 Like

look for Robinson r44 and bell 206.  start at 100k for something airworthy and go up from there.

1 Like

I paid about $800k for my Robinson, including some other costs such as inspection and third party escrow service

The fucking Catalina wine mixer…

3 Likes

![](upload://dZK3YBkGLgP0CXo2LWj8wL0ZQtI.jpeg)

gyro

1 Like

Fuck helicopters. Death traps, all of them. 

2 Likes
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -

Yeah, at least with planes you can glide that shit down slowly with no power. Now power in a helicopter? After a minute it wont be a problem you'll need to worry about anymore. 

1 Like
invalid -

I paid about $800k for my Robinson, including some other costs such as inspection and third party escrow service

66?

![](upload://vGyic4P863oAjiXscnXO2bZVpNO.jpeg)

2 Likes
invalid -

Hey guy, let’s be friends!

Chaddderz -
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -

Yeah, at least with planes you can glide that shit down slowly with no power. Now power in a helicopter? After a minute it wont be a problem you'll need to worry about anymore. 

cchek out auto rotations on the youtube

1 Like

If it floats, flies, or fucks…

1 Like
Cuckoldberry Finn - 
invalid -

66?

I’m just fucking around but that’s what I was pretending to own

I do have a 2014 Mazda, so there’s that!

5 Likes
invalid -
Cuckoldberry Finn - 
invalid -

66?

I’m just fucking around but that’s what I was pretending to own

I do have a 2014 Mazda, so there’s that!

good choice

1 Like
USADA D1CK Pills -

![](upload://dZK3YBkGLgP0CXo2LWj8wL0ZQtI.jpeg)

gyro

I need a lite bit more room to fit “people”. 

Look for a Robinson R22 (2 seater) or R44 (4 seater).

Every 2000 MR hours they are enforced to be completely rebuilt, try and find something in the last 500 hours and you will get your money’s worth. Over 1850 hours can be compromised performance wise. You also don’t want one that’s due to have either main or tail rotors replaced within 100 hours.

People talk shit on them but they are a very good machine in tough flying conditions like heat and humidity.

Ive been flying them for 7 years now and only had one uncontrollable incident which was a pilots error. We free fell through trees from about 150 feet and walked away, they’re pretty rigid machines when needed.

R22 should set you back less than AUD$80k and a R44 should set you back less than AUD$180k if you find the right seller. Look for tourist flight operators and stay away from private owners. Regular servicing is required to be done by engineers who sign off on there work and a lot of private owners dodge the books when it comes to routine 50/100/200 hour servicing and checks.

You clearly don't know enough about helicopters to be trying to buy a helicopter, lol @ milage 

1 Like

Our family goal is to own one for holidaying once we move out of the city area. Best part about Western Australia is the amount of places you can just land and camp. When I was doing cattle mustering seasons in Northern Australia in 2014-16 it would just be me, a swag, fishing rod and an esky for months at a time flying to various remote cattle stations across the north of the country to muster. Would still be doing it now if I didn’t have a young family.

1 Like

If you just want to go vertical for cheaphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8GlZBKLieo