Helio Gracie

"to be honest, he is a very cocky man, but he is a pioneer and a legend! you cant ever take away what he has done for the sport of bjj and mma "

He's a man set in his ways...

IMO he's earned the right to say whatever he wants.. i don't necessarily agree with everything.. but he's accomplished more in his life than any of us can dream of.

TTT

Truly a great man.

"He's a man set in his ways..."

So true, coupled by the fact he's from a different generation.

ttt.. great read

Helio is the best!! Not many people can say they have the level of dedication and determination to improving the martial arts, that he has.

Forty classes a day - faulty translation, should be forty students a day maybe.

Time has no restraints on Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

sak stopped the best gracie with a move bjj named after the judo guy that broke helios arm

?I challenge Sakuraba to beat me without using a single Jiu-Jitsu move?

lol! Yeah, there were some wise words there, there were a few dumb ones too.

btw, I'm sure Karo would be glad to fight Rickson, if Rickson doesn't use a single move that he learned from Judo.

Helio Gracie is living the dream. Fuck the haters.

My first double post. YAY!

graciemag always has bad translations into english, obviously 40 classes per week.

I like his point that there is no need to fight to prove BJJ anymore, his sons are now fighting for money.

I think it is 40 classes a day...Royce mentioned to me one time that his dad used to teach an insane amount of 20 minute private classes per day. That is about 13 hours on the mat, per day. Wow!

Helio Gracie is a ledgend

"Maybe he teaches 15 min per class. Or he figured out away to stop time."

He must have silver surfer on his team.

For many of us who foundered in TMA voodoo & hoodoo, the Gracie family were the MMA messiahs...

^
You just Kimura'd The Korrekt.

Nice sentiment.

The man is a living legend of martial arts.

Is it just me or does he look like The Crypt Keeper?

JuJitsu evolved to Judo which evolved to Jiu-Jitu. Simple history. Not even disputed by the Judo community.